FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Best way to remove a tight End Pin?

Hey all, I've been installing pickups for some people and when it came to removing end pins.. some just wouldn't budge... When I twisted…

Started by Hann

11 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

now I have seen it all

this customer of mine wow well he bought 5 of these Gibson cases thinking they were nos and when he received them they were like new gota t…

Started by FRANK

8 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Suzuki 12er Neck Joint

Hi. Saw the article titled 12 string set-up blues. That thread looks like it's wrapped up now (re the 12er at least). I have a Kiso Susuki…

Started by Tony Webber

4 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Tony Webber

Mixing wood dust....?

I was glueing a non structural joint that had a slight gap (crooked crack repair to wooden PG) and mixed in some maple dust to my wood glue…

Started by Ry Charters

4 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Kentucky mandolin repair notes

My old friend has a Kentucky KM-675 that he bought used 15 or more years ago. He bought it cheap because the peghead had been broken below…

Started by Bob Gaddis

9 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

Can you scallop the top braces in a Taylor?

About a year ago I bought a Taylor DN8 CE and right off I noticed the tone wasn't very good when I played it without the Taylor expression…

Started by Joe Sanders

10 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Joe Sanders

Installing calfskin head on a banjo uke

I am hoping someone can offer some ideas on this problem. The small diameter of the "head" is only part of the problem. The head goes over…

Started by Ed Taublieb

8 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Ed Taublieb

Martin 00018 GE

I think I've a problem with this guitar: yesterday I was cleaning it and I saw that there is a gap between the heel and the body, I can see…

Started by Stefano Damonte

8 Sep 6, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

Lessons from real customer experiences

1. You'll always be out of stock of whatever nut material your customer asks for. 2. You'll always blow the nut on a night before the repai…

Started by Kevin Swaim

10 Sep 5, 2009
Reply by Kevin Swaim

Framus tuners 36.5mm spacing

I am working on a Framus archtop electric , it needs 3/side tuners on a plate spaced 36.5mm any ideas please ? Len

Started by Len Biglin

2 Sep 5, 2009
Reply by Len Biglin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service