FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Colorful purfling

Hi Everyone , I was wondering where can I buy nice colorful purfling ?I like colors.I am sick of that herringbone look after a while it get…

Started by mikek

8 Mar 4, 2009
Reply by mikek

fretting a new board

used to fret my boards after i glued them on the neck, and hammered thwm in with no glue, recently finished one and deciced to fret it befo…

Started by Mark Dobbins

4 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by Mark Dobbins

Repair Bluebook?

I would love to see a current list of average repair prices. I never know if I am not charging enough or charging too much. I have seen old…

Started by jason Burns

28 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

Classical high E string breaking at second fret...

Hi all, first post. I have a Manuel Rodriguez C1 which came with a ridiculously high action due to a really tall saddle. I filed the saddl…

Started by supertonic

8 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Hello from Bob Tedrow

Hello I am introducing myself here. My name is Bob Tedrow, I currently live in Alabama although Colorado is home. I plan to lurk and lurn.…

Started by Bob Tedrow

5 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by FRANK

crack repair

i have recently obtained a 1974 ovation legend. it has the typical crack in the face that runs from the bridge toward the end pin and anoth…

Started by vince sauter

4 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by vince sauter

StewMac Preservation Polish

So just how safe is this stuff? I ordered some Preservation Polish sort of on impulse when getting a couple other things from StewMac last…

Started by Brent Hutto

3 Mar 2, 2009
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Distended unglued sides and tops/backs!!!!!

So it's old, bound. and the sides are seperating from the back or top....You push on one side to line it up, and the piece next to it bulge…

Started by thefishinmusician

2 Mar 2, 2009
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Problem on the first 4 frets....HELP

Hello everyone, I started a topic about a month ago i think about a problem i had with my acoustic guitar. The issue was ( and is ) that a…

Started by ZzZzZiggy

5 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

As far as smell how bad is bad for a guitar......

I have a guitar in a case and I used to use humidifiers in it and the first time I noticed mold on the humidifier I tossed it in the trash.…

Started by Von Luhmann

9 Mar 1, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service