FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I just bought a Martin Guitar and I have no idea what size Allen key I need to adjust the Truss Rod

I recently bought a Martin D-15, should be a 2008 series. I have no idea what size allen key I need to adjust the truss rod, plus it's way…

Started by Chris

1 Feb 8, 2009
Reply by Greg Mirken

Finish Stain (May Be Dried Hide Glue)

When I recently had a corner of my bridge glued back down, the repairman used hide glue. I thought the guitar top was clean when I got it b…

Started by Brent Hutto

2 Feb 7, 2009
Reply by Michael Lewis

Pick guard - To add or not to add?

I recently purchased my first all-solid wood acoustic - spruce top, mahogany sides/back. Not a collector guitar, but very nice nonetheless.…

Started by Basement Jammer

3 Feb 6, 2009
Reply by Basement Jammer

To Remove Or Not Remove?

On my EL'-Dagas beater project Iam looking down the road . Right now I have the old axe all taped and protected reading for fret sanding .T…

Started by Rob

8 Feb 6, 2009
Reply by Rob

Internal Mic's??

Hi, I've just fitted my Avalon 12string with the Fishman Premium Blend pickup/eq system. This incorporates an undersaddle transducer and a…

Started by onemanband

4 Feb 5, 2009
Reply by onemanband

Looking for comments on my new Custom Martin

Hello everyone I hope that you are all well. I just purchased a new guitar two years ago and I really wanted to get opinions on this guitar…

Started by Von Luhmann

12 Feb 4, 2009
Reply by Von Luhmann

My dovetail has been chopped off!

Hi fellas. I was lucky enough to inherit a really neat old archtop. The Brand is Old Santa Fe and she is a looker, the problem is that once…

Started by Matt Haugen

4 Feb 3, 2009
Reply by Michael Lewis

Nut Slot is 2 wide.

I have a nice birdseye maple neck. The nut slot is about 1-2 32nds to wide on the back side. The spacing from the front of the nut to the 1…

Started by MTC

4 Feb 3, 2009
Reply by MTC

Yamaha Gaki Neck reset

It's loose in every direction and it won't come off!!!..Please help before the big hammer comes out!!!

Started by thefishinmusician

15 Feb 3, 2009
Reply by Ray Hughes

Graphite rod neck reinforcement

I am in the first thinking stage of building an electric guitar. I have done two classicals and have a part-time repair business. I am wond…

Started by Haydon Cardew

6 Feb 2, 2009
Reply by FRANK

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service