FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Gibson archtop guitar 7878

Hi folks, I'm trying to get a handle on just what this one is. Black face, glued on bridge (missing), no pick guard, 16" lower bout, bound…

Started by Michael Lewis

11 Feb 2, 2009
Reply by Ron Frazier

Caved-in plates

In the span of one week I had two ukuleles--that were built and sold about two months ago--come back to me, one with a caved-in back, the o…

Started by Jerry Hoffmann

17 Feb 2, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Saddles questions...

Hi all/Frank, if you could enlighten me about some enquiries it'd be great! Under Frank's article here: http://frets.com/FRETSPages/Music

Started by Hann

6 Feb 1, 2009
Reply by Hann

Finishing finger boards ?

When I made my quitar I was told not to finish the finger board, just lightly oil it with lemon oil. I have a friend that say his finger bo…

Started by Dan

5 Feb 1, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

Things which make life easier.

I just finished some work inside the box - bridge plate refurbishment - and used one of my fave tricks to map everything out. Now, I think…

Started by Russell Vance

0 Jan 31, 2009

Best Fret Board Finish

Have this thread going on the Lets Talk Guild site and would just like to hear what the gang here thinks of best fret board final finishing…

Started by Rob

14 Jan 31, 2009
Reply by Rob

"Back Buzz" on old Parlor Guitar

The patient: A 1890's Henry L. Mason Parlor Guitar The problem: I refretted it, replaced the broken bridge, and undertook a few minor crac…

Started by hobocaster

0 Jan 29, 2009

replacing pick guard question

Hello everyone I hope you are all well. I was curious what suggestions you may have for me changing out the pick guard on one of my guitar…

Started by Von Luhmann

3 Jan 29, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

Old Martin Restoration Question

I have stumbled across a 1932 Martin 0-18. The shaded top is in good shape with no cracks. The sides are a different story. There is alot o…

Started by greyd

9 Jan 29, 2009
Reply by Bruce Herrmann

Building a resonator guitar

I posted a comment here and was a lil ahead of my self-- I just recieved the plans from Elderly for making a resonator guitar-- I have ques…

Started by Donald A. Fortune

6 Jan 29, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service