FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help re 1930s HG Gibson

After seeing the images of the "1930s HG" on the Frets.com museum, I think I may have one of these guitars... although it has a new flat to…

Started by 911Guitars

0 Dec 16, 2008

Global Musical Instruments Co.

Looking for any information regarding this company. My husband recently acquired a guitar (model # 206s) made by them. We would be interest…

Started by linda tyler

1 Dec 15, 2008
Reply by Tom Krebs

refreting and floyd rose

i do refrets all the time but have never done one on a guitar w/ a floyd rose trem system.... i was wondering if anyone could offer any ins…

Started by Nick Anthony

4 Dec 15, 2008
Reply by Nick Anthony

Vega Tenor neck

I own a mid-1920's Vega Tubaphone Professional tenor banjo. The 19 fret neck has bowed due to many decades of string tension, such that the…

Started by Frank Simpson

5 Dec 13, 2008
Reply by thefishinmusician

Evaluating a Neck Reset

If the forum will indulge a question from a rank amateur, I need some advice as to how to evaluate the condition of a classical guitar that…

Started by Brent Hutto

3 Dec 12, 2008
Reply by Brent Hutto

Beginner question: Achieving a nice finish

I have been using water-borne finish (KTM-9) because of the difficulty in using lacquer in a safe manner. I do not have experience (say, as…

Started by Gary Nutt

12 Dec 12, 2008
Reply by Gary Nutt

Possible Causes of open-string buzzing?

A friend asked me to look at her guitar because the high E string buzzes when played open. It does not buzz when fretted in any position. T…

Started by Rick Homan

2 Dec 11, 2008
Reply by Nick Anthony

Crack in soundboard

I am building my #1 guitar. I am in the southern California desert with a very low humidity. My guitar has developed a crack about 1/2 inch…

Started by Ron Daves

3 Dec 11, 2008
Reply by Nick Anthony

In the area of string tension and a VERY unique plaything....

Question ,all of you luthiers who think they know more than me, and DO!!!...I found this possibly South American beauty a couple years ago.…

Started by thefishinmusician

8 Dec 10, 2008
Reply by thefishinmusician

Lowering the Nut on a Mandolin - Could it be done in-situ

Hi folks, was reading Frank's great article on frets about installing/replacing a nut and setting the nut action. The article confirmed my…

Started by Greengrass

5 Dec 10, 2008
Reply by Greengrass

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service