FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Martin D28 - Do I need a neck reset.

I've got a real nice sounding Martin D28-CW. The problem is that it's real tough to play, especially beyond the first position. The action…

Started by Gerald Shaw

14 Sep 9, 2008
Reply by Doug Collins

Getting the back back on perfectly

Oxymoron.... I know. I'm starting to think a full form is required (before removal) to get a back off and on with little or no detectabili…

Started by 12Fret

11 Sep 9, 2008
Reply by Charlie Hoffman

Heating blankets

I use various ways to heat and loosen joints but I've never gotten any of these heating blankets I've seen like in the LMI catalog. Do many…

Started by Charlie Longstreth

7 Sep 9, 2008
Reply by Charlie Hoffman

Using a shaper

Anyone use a shaper to carve necks? What kinds of jigs did you make? Have any pics to share? I'm toying with the idea of getting one, but s…

Started by Dave Fox

1 Sep 9, 2008
Reply by Charlie Hoffman

Vintage Gold Hardware - Cleaning The Green

I would like hear some opinions on cleaning gold hardware/pick-ups that have suffered from 'out-gassing' of an old pickguard. I usually jus…

Started by Tom Krebs

3 Sep 9, 2008
Reply by Joshua Levin-Epstein

Blended Pickups

I have a McIntyre Feather pickup (passive) in my Guild acoustic--mounted inside on the bridge plate. I run it through a Baggs PADI direct b…

Started by Ken Wilson

3 Sep 8, 2008
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

First String Buzz When Sixth String Fretted at Third Fret

This is a real poser to my limited knowledge. I have developed over the past few days a buzz on my first string but it is very specific. It…

Started by Brent Hutto

7 Sep 7, 2008
Reply by Greg Mirken

Luthier makes mistake; Not properly vetted; asks forgiveness from the Luthier National Party

Gentlemen and Ladies, I have improperly identified a Guild M 20 dove tail joint as a mortise/tenon joint. After getting a good week's slee…

Started by jeff henry

2 Sep 5, 2008
Reply by Frank Ford

What's a Marxolin worth these days?

I can't find any on Ebay... what kind of price could I expect to get for a Marxolin in good condition? Thanks!

Started by Aaron Wilson

0 Sep 5, 2008

Single String Position Buzz

I have a guitar that was just built by a luthier on E-bay. I got a great deal on it and it is a fine instrument with only one issue. The B…

Started by sunny

3 Sep 5, 2008
Reply by sunny

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service