FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,112)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shelf saddle

Got a Martin guitar with the old sharp intonation on the low E string..  So I made this shelf saddle..

Started by Claus Holm Jensen

4 Dec 4, 2019
Reply by Claus Holm Jensen

Go big or go home...

After futzing around for several years back in the '90s with various top-mounted jigs for routing saddle slots (and not 100% happy with the…

Started by Mark A. Kane

6 Dec 4, 2019
Reply by Mark A. Kane

Peavey SD-9, Landola made, structural weakness between the sound hole and neck block

Presented for your consideration........... I'm getting around to resetting the neck and cleaning up an old repair on a Peavey SD-9 acoust…

Started by John Yungbluth

3 Nov 28, 2019
Reply by John Yungbluth

Washburn by Lyon and Healy

I have a Washburn model 5201 in for repair. There are three metal inserts on the front side of the bridge (facing the neck) - possibly bras…

Started by Michael Trietsch

2 Nov 27, 2019
Reply by Russell Vance

Of Strings & Pickups

Hello, I have a beautiful Avalon 12string that sounds awesome, but would like some advice on sound hole pickups & strings please. Curre…

Started by Brian T. Williams

4 Nov 24, 2019
Reply by Brian T. Williams

Fender Palomino "Broomstick" removal?

I have a Fender Palomino in my shop that the top has caved in under the saddles and has cracked/ broken out the top and bridge plate. The b…

Started by Matt Dreher

14 Nov 22, 2019
Reply by steve carmody

CA Glue on Finish

I got a little CA glue on neck just below the fretboard.  What’s the best way, if any, to remove it? Thanks, Mark

Started by Mark Ballard

5 Nov 18, 2019
Reply by Mark Ballard

Got the Holiday 'Wish List' started yet?

If I were 20yrs old, just starting out and had some ""crazy money" to burn for a full set of these diamond nut files, they'd probably be at…

Started by Mike Kolb

2 Nov 14, 2019
Reply by Paul Eisenbrey

Taylor Neck Reset - Stacking Shims?

Hello All, I'm working on a Taylor Baby with really high action.  There is only one shim on these models under the fretboard tongue (there…

Started by Chris Shaltis

10 Nov 13, 2019
Reply by Chris Shaltis

33 Martin 0-17

Hi guys , I have 1933 Martin 0-17 on the bench , the owner has just bought it . It seems to have been sprayed with a satin lacquer which sh…

Started by Len Biglin

5 Nov 12, 2019
Reply by Len Biglin

RSS

© 2020   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service