FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (3,720)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Martin style back braces

In my old parlor there is either three or four straight ladder braces in the bottom. Almost always three time the size needed and often cut…

Started by Roger Häggström

2 Apr 27
Reply by Roger Häggström

Wood, Hide, or CA for Crack Repair

I have five short cracks on a 40 year-old mahogany back Gibson that were a result of lack of moisture. I've rehydrated the guitar, the crac…

Started by Doug Cannon

32 Apr 27
Reply by Walter W Wright

Gibson L-5 Repair

I have a serious back crack on a Gibson L-5. Any repair ideas. Hopefully I can add photos. Thanks Jim

Started by jbbancroft

7 Apr 26
Reply by jbbancroft

How to extract a broken string tree screw.

Pleased to present for your consideration. . . . . . . . . I was mounting a string tree roller on a nice Korean Fender Squier headstock in…

Started by John Yungbluth

12 Apr 21
Reply by Walter W Wright

Which 3M Filter Cartridge?

I use the 3M 7503 Half Mask Respirator with a face shield when spraying lacquer. I am using 3M 60923 filter cartridges (pink & yellow).…

Started by Robbie Collins

1 Apr 21
Reply by Glen H

Strange Truss Rod Nut .

Hi everyone , this concerns a mexican 5 string bass neck . The truss nut was a 3/16 hex (I think) and well inside the hole . Somehow the he…

Started by Len Biglin

1 Apr 21
Reply by Len Biglin

Seeking help identifying acoustic preamp output wiring

I have a Yamaha CPX-15 in for repair. The owner allowed the strap button/jack to rotate enough that it ripped out the four wires from the o…

Started by Aaron Howell

6 Apr 21
Reply by Len Biglin

Half-price nut files?

Well, that's what it seems like.   I just sent off a bunch of really worn and dull nut files for resharpening, and I have to tell everybody…

Started by Frank Ford

5 Apr 20
Reply by Ed Minch

Gibson back removal

Hi everyone,     Having recently re-inherited a 1980 Hummingbird that I'd given my younger brother in 1985, I'm in the process of reversing…

Started by Doug Cannon

16 Apr 20
Reply by Doug Cannon

What is proper relief for an Irish Bouzouki?

What would be the right relief for an Irish Bouzouki? I’ve got a Stephan Sobell for setup. The scale is 25 1/4”, and the relief at the 7th…

Started by Bob Steinarsson

1 Apr 17
Reply by Paul Breen

RSS

© 2017   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service