FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,209)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Order of Operations Advice

Frank's Fingerboard Top Crack has been my guide in dealing with an MD-12 that has the same issue but one addition--the soundboard has split…

Started by Bay Rum Around

5 Dec 7, 2020
Reply by Bay Rum Around

Router Recommendation

Hey all, Can you recommend a good router for guitar work? Looking for something small (small shop with limited space) and want to cut pick…

Started by mr smits

6 Dec 5, 2020
Reply by mr smits

Parrot Vise

FYI. A Parrot Vise clone is on eBay for $58.29. Looks identical to the Shop Fox version. I ordered one. I will compare it to the two Shop F…

Started by Thomas James

3 Dec 3, 2020
Reply by Thomas James

Frank's Solution for Bulging Sides Q.

I read years ago on Frank's .com site about the set up he uses to align bulging sides to a back or top.  So I made up a set of the aluminum…

Started by onewent

5 Dec 3, 2020
Reply by Greg Mirken

Martin with back crack.

This is a martin D35 with a crack in the back , it has not extended right through but can be seen in the light as it distorts over the crac…

Started by Len Biglin

7 Dec 1, 2020
Reply by Len Biglin

Parts box

I found a bunch of kitty cremation boxes at the flea market. I turned a few into parts boxes.

Started by Freddie Cisneros

6 Nov 5, 2020
Reply by Walter W Wright

SJ200 with rubbery guard that's loose .

Hi guys , This is a SJ200 gibson a few years old - not sure - the pick guard is the modern type that is soft like vinyl and won't stay glue…

Started by Len Biglin

4 Oct 31, 2020
Reply by Len Biglin

Tricky Crack Diagnosis Issue

Hi, My name is Dave Domizi and I run The Fret Shop in Athens, GA. I hope that you’re all well. I’m writing to ask for any experienced ide…

Started by Dave Domizi

8 Oct 26, 2020
Reply by Dave Domizi

Unwanted Signatures

Hi all. I have a 1975 Guild F-30 with a collection of 2 year old signatures on it (black sharpie). I don't want the signatures and have sta…

Started by Matt Haugen

5 Oct 24, 2020
Reply by Matt Haugen

Gibson J-50 reset...3 piece neck delamination

Working on a 1970s J-50.  Just steamed off the neck...3pc neck and the little "slivers" that make the tenon released from the neck shaft an…

Started by Brian Stewart

7 Oct 22, 2020
Reply by Brian Stewart

RSS

© 2021   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service