FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (3,833)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dremel fret barber

I use Dunlop 6180 brass frets with a thick tang, about 0.85 mm thick. The standard fret saw makes a 0.6 mm wide cut and that is not a good…

Started by Roger Häggström

8 Jan 6
Reply by Ron Frazier

Buzzing string

The thick E string in a set of strings with a round core was buzzing. I tightened the ball end and even put thin superglue on the ball end…

Started by Roger Häggström

5 Jan 6
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

tenor guitar ??

hello this is my first time on a guitar forum and im new to guitar..so please bear with..ive been learnin baritone ukulele fer about a year…

Started by c walker

5 Jan 5
Reply by Ned Knepp

The flexibility of the guitar's top and neck can affect string tension??

Hi all, I was reading about string tension on the daddario web site. http://www.daddario.com/DAstringtensionguide.Page It says 'The flexibi…

Started by Mark

7 Jan 5
Reply by Mark

Takamine Neck Reset

Hi All, After a bit of research, I though I'd go to the hive mind. I have in an older (late 70's?) Takamine F-360, essentially a Martin co…

Started by Dave Domizi

2 Jan 4
Reply by Dave Domizi

8" banjo head?

I'm restoring a John Grey banjo ukulele and need an 8" low-crown head. The closest I've been able to find is a bongo drum head. It's 8", bu…

Started by Steve Dickerson

4 Jan 2
Reply by Keith R

need to learn about spraying poly

i'm getting on fine with cellulose folks but I think I need to get friendly with poly finishes. where do I start ?. i'm not even familiar w…

Started by Nick - p

1 Dec 29, 2017
Reply by Brian Evans

Padding Material

Hi Guys & Gals, Anybody willing to share their thoughts with me about what material is best for protecting wood and finishes when held…

Started by Jon Cooper

13 Dec 25, 2017
Reply by Allan Bacon

Latest Dremel info?

Hello All, In coming up with a new rosette design I find that I need a .030" wide circular groove right around the center. So I ordered a c…

Started by Brian Burns

12 Dec 25, 2017
Reply by Allan Bacon

Strength of hide glue

I sent a request to a producer (Dr.Oetker) of gelatin about the strentgh of their product. This was the answer: Bloom (6,67% 10°C AOAC) 220…

Started by Bob Steinarsson

6 Dec 25, 2017
Reply by Bob Steinarsson

RSS

© 2018   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service