FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,083)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spruce cleats for a repair

I can't find any thin spruce to make some cleats, and Stewmac wants to much shipping for a small order.  Anyone have a source for some clea…

Started by Gary Foreman

6 Sep 2
Reply by Thomas James

Would you call this neck quartersawn?

Hi all! The defendant in question is the neck of a 2018 Eric Johnson signature strat, which was sold to a client as quartersawn (according…

Started by Jona Hasan

12 Aug 31
Reply by Russell Vance

Laying out the headblock

Greetings to all I am building a guitar according to "Guitarmaking: Tradition & Technology". In the chapter 'The Neck & The Headpie…

Started by Allen L Wall

4 Aug 31
Reply by Allen L Wall

Harald Petersen classical neck joint ? What type ?

I have a UK made Harald Petersen classical that has really high action . Does anyone out there know what type of neck joint Harald would us…

Started by toby2

5 Aug 29
Reply by Mark McLean

CA in the fret slot?

Hello All, I was watching a Stew Mac video the other day, and the fellow that was demonstrating---not Dan Earlywine---said to run some thin…

Started by Brian Burns

32 Aug 25
Reply by Glen H

Epoxy (it looks like) smeared on Lacquer: How/can I remove it?

After a one year wait, I finally got my 1935 Kay Kraft built K71 Oahu from Jake Wildwood's shop. The bridge had been replaced like 40 yea…

Started by Kerry Krishna

7 Aug 22
Reply by Roger Häggström

Variations on hide glue

Hello All, I've always been a fan of hot hide glue since that was the only glue worth using when I started building, back in antediluvian t…

Started by Brian Burns

10 Aug 21
Reply by Paul Breen

String Tension Issue

Hey guys. I am trying to put .10-.47 Martin Monel strings (131lbs of tension) on my 1956 Gibson ES-150. Having a weird issue where the D a…

Started by mr smits

8 Aug 20
Reply by Greg Mirken

Hide Glue & Neck Reset Question

Hey guys. I have two questions. I will try to combine them in one thread so I don't take up the front page. 1. How long does hide glue nee…

Started by mr smits

16 Aug 18
Reply by Walter W Wright

Guitar ID - Clarence Carter

Any clue what make / model Clarence has here?

Started by Redacted

1 Aug 15
Reply by Frank Ford

RSS

© 2019   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service