FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Where to aquire antique rectangular frets?

I restored a 1925 Martin 0-18K. Everything was saved as original and fully restored right down to the French polish, even after being left…

Started by David Payne

9 Oct 17, 2009
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

Do I neck reset a guitar that has been reset in the past?

Hi all I have a golden rule that I don't reset necks on guitars that have already had neck resets. The reason is that if they used the wro…

Started by Jim Fleeting

12 Oct 17, 2009
Reply by Chris Sisson

E-335 re-finish.

Help! I've been given a Heritage E-335 Cherry Red with a badly marked back. It's down to the wood, so the only option has been to strip the…

Started by Dave Yelverton

18 Oct 16, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

neck/body joint type ?

Would like to reset the neck on a Gretsch 6118 anniversary model for a customer. I'm not sure what kind of joint gretsch used . There is a…

Started by Dale A. Bender

3 Oct 15, 2009
Reply by Jim Fleeting

neck reset on 60's Harmony flatop

Hi gents, I'm a French beginner amateur luthier and need to reset the neck of a H165 (all mahogany). My problem is that when I drilled the…

Started by Jeff Berdollt

11 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by Jeff Berdollt

Harmony Sovereign needs help ASAP

Hello everyone! Here is another Sovereign post for ya. My cousin, for whom I pay bass, had a string break and he was unable to get the guit…

Started by John Cartwright

8 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

bridge saddle placement with zero fret

When positioning a new bridge on a retopped yamaki guitar with a zero fret do I measure from the nut or the zero fret to place bridge and s…

Started by David Chudnovsky

4 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by David Chudnovsky

Gibson A2 neck reset

I've had a customer bring me a Gibson A2 mandolin that's roughly eighty years old. It could use a neck reset. I've done lots of guitar neck…

Started by jeff henry

15 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

Glue for Dan Armstrong Plexiglass body

Got this guitar from a friend who had loaned it to another guy, who used it to whack his wife over the head, which got him a one way ticket…

Started by Eric Steven Johansen

6 Oct 13, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Brazilian Rosewood Veneer

I am a luthier in SoCal and have just come into a large cache of very old and super nice brazilian rosewood veneer. I started selling some…

Started by Eric Steven Johansen

6 Oct 12, 2009
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service