FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bubbling MOTS on old guitar fretboard

Hi all, first posting and newbie! I have a musician friend who has a 1930's Stromberg-Voisinet Kay Kraft guitar. The MOTS layer on the fir…

Started by Wayne Robinson

5 Sep 19, 2009
Reply by Wayne Robinson

Bridge pad caul with a magnetic personality - a question of sorts.

Hello, I need to repair a bridge pad on an otherwise near mint '63 Epiphone Caballero (as well as replace the plastic bridge, which goes w…

Started by John Cartwright

18 Sep 19, 2009
Reply by John Cartwright

Radius bridge

I have Gibson acoustic which has a radius on the top, how's the best way to radius the bridge to fit the top. Larry

Started by leparker

14 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Piezo pickup

Hello again, I had a request to install a piezo pickup under the nut on a 8 string bass to do something called tapping. Has anybody ever he…

Started by Michael P. Lemieux

8 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Endpin drilling--F5 mandolin

I am considering installing a pickup in my F5 style mando. I'm leaning towards a K&K internal, but I will need to drill the endpin hole…

Started by LARRY KLOSE

3 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

Age/Value question about a Gibson SG bass guitar

I have an old Gibson SG bass that's been in a case in my closet for about the last 15 years.When I was using it regularly,I cracked the hea…

Started by Russdudeman

7 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Saddle Height for Pyramid Bridge Neck Re-set?

Hi I guess the title says (asks) it all. I am wondering what those of you who re-set Martin necks (with pyramid bridges) use for the finish…

Started by Dennis Berck

12 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by Rick Homan

Dog Ear P90 Pickups!

Hi folks, I have a customer with an imported Peerless Songbird guitar which is fitted with 'dog ear' style P90 pickups. They are pretty low…

Started by Darren

9 Sep 14, 2009
Reply by Darren

Looking for a Luthier - Central Florida

Hello - I am looking for someone that could reset the neck on my Gibson B-25-12N with confidence. It is approximately a 1967 model with a t…

Started by Ed Allen

13 Sep 13, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

Tuner Bushings

Hello I'm building a P-Bass style guitar and was wondering if anybody new were I could purchase a Forstner bit that was 21/32nd's or 17 - 1…

Started by Michael P. Lemieux

2 Sep 12, 2009
Reply by Michael P. Lemieux

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service