FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

i bought my first Gibson classical what do you think ?

says Gibson Kalamazoo Michigan USA i got it for $10 with a gator skin case fan braced in the lower face but cracked from the bridge area to…

Started by FRANK

11 Sep 4, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Suzuki Japan?

Hi Frank I've seen a Suzuki dread, in a shop, labelled SGD-40. It's solid spruce and laminated rosewood. The label says Japan, but not Nago…

Started by Antonio Cotichini

2 Sep 4, 2009
Reply by Antonio Cotichini

Correcting "rising tongue" on a 1966 Precision Bass before refret

Hi all, this is my debut post on this very helpful forum and this may well have been discussed before in detail; if so, I'd appreciate it i…

Started by Bill Rodrick

6 Sep 3, 2009
Reply by Robert May

Martin - New pick guard?

I have a Martin D-15 that I play a lot. She's about 8-9 years old. I have a really bad habit of strumming too far towards the neck and have…

Started by Nick Chambers

1 Sep 2, 2009

Martin Repair

I have a 1969 D 28 I have had it since 1970. It needs a neck reset and bridge and fret work. I am looking for a local Luthier to do the wor…

Started by david hintz

1 Sep 2, 2009

1959 Fender colors

Hi, we have a 1959 stratocaster which has been sanded down and painted with a spray can about 30 years ago. No remnants of a previous color…

Started by Jimmy James

3 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Bob Gaddis

Fender style slab sawn neck question - grain orientation

Is there a preferred direction for grain orientation on a slab sawn maple Fender style neck? In other words, is it better to have the grai…

Started by Mac Walker

11 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Mac Walker

Center seam on guitar not centered?

I have a 2009 Breedlove Roots Dread that I picked up a month ago.I have noticed that the top center seam is not centered between the D and…

Started by Matthew

12 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Magnus Hultin

Guitar body size??

I have a form for the classical guitar and a form to make a dred. but Im wondering what the size of a OM or a OOO size guitar is. ae. the l…

Started by Donald A. Fortune

14 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

I'm looking for the rules and policies for this forum

As a long time member of the F*P and the *IMF, I find myself at a loss without written guidelines and what you can do and what you can't. N…

Started by Mark Wybierala

21 Aug 30, 2009
Reply by Luis G. Bianchini

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service