FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nut Blank Supplier??

I have been using Allparts for years to get the bone blanks for my repair shop. We switched from using white bone to the "vintage" bone bec…

Started by ChitownGuitarGuy

14 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by Paul Hostetter

enlarging a too narrow neck

I' ve an old Martin M38 with a really good sound but with a problem : the nut is to narrow for my hand : 1 11/16 : I've yet put a new nut w…

Started by Stefano Damonte

9 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by Ed Taublieb

Serial numbers for Early Gibson Mandolins

Does anyone know an internet or source for serial numbers/year made for early Gibson Mandolins ? I would like some source to authenticate t…

Started by Ed Taublieb

8 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by Ed Taublieb

Goya hardware neck

I have a 1972 Goya G174 on my bench in need of a neck reset (among other things). I understand that Goya was using a hardware joint that us…

Started by griff

2 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by griff

Sorry about the spam - Jen Thomas is gone

Looks like we all got spammed by this individual, who attacked the entire Ning system of internet communities, and who is now banned "with…

Started by Frank Ford

3 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

New Martin d28 B String Buzzes Tried evertything

Bought a 2008 Martin D-28 new from a shop going out of business. It played fine at the shop. After playing it for an Hour, lots of lead an…

Started by Charles

44 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by Joe Sanders

Alvarez undersaddle pickup replacement

I am looking at an Alvarez Model 2555 from the 90's. undersaddle transducer is dead, no output (good battery and connections) when i bypass…

Started by Hector Trevino

5 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Hector Trevino

tight back crack repair???

I finished building a 000, with an EIR back, last winter. Two cracks appeared on the treble side of the back (I was spraying it when the te…

Started by Bob Krueger

12 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Ron Frazier

BFTS opinions please

The repair work increases leaving less time for building - any views on the compensated nut systems? Happy New Year to all

Started by Haydon Cardew

17 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by danove

i would like to ask some luthiers about pulling

a finger board off to extract the truss rod and replacement of a new finger board? if i may ask what did you encounter and what were the ou…

Started by FRANK

5 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Chris Sisson

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service