FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Guitar Finishing Flaws

I sprayed KTM9 finish using two preval sprayers on the front, back and sides of my current guitar. I am using true oil finish on the neck.…

Started by Everett Stone

2 Jun 24, 2009
Reply by Everett Stone

How to Clean soundboard scrapes before repairing ?

I have an old guitar that has a fairly good lacquer finish, The soundboard has 3 scrapes not very deep but the finish is mostly gone in the…

Started by Jerry Ryan

4 Jun 24, 2009
Reply by Jerry Ryan

ES-175-D sinking top

In Frank Ford's pictures of the tone bar repairs he used "turnbuckles" for raising the archtop. I tried finding that side turnbuckles and h…

Started by John Paul

8 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by John Paul

Intonation

I am a little confused about adjusting intonation: Some teachers say the 12th fret should right on with the open string (Erelewine), other…

Started by Larry Parker

32 Jun 23, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

Neckblock shifted on a Gibson acoustic...

The customer brings his latest "eBay find", a Gibson Southern Jumbo, in for high action. It's from the '70's and definitely needs the neck…

Started by Mike Kolb

3 Jun 22, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

ES-175-D sinking top

I have the same problem that Frank Ford shown in picture's on Frets.com. I have other questions that maybe he could answer.I have written t…

Started by John Paul

0 Jun 22, 2009

A very nice Gibson Neck

Hi out there I have this realy good Gibson neck complete with Rose wood fret board and all freted less one Turner .The guitar got run over…

Started by William F.Eden

0 Jun 22, 2009

Truss Rod Problem

My first acoustic guitar made 8 months ago, the problem , of course form the beginning. But now want to make it right somehow. Cannot get t…

Started by Michael Tulloch

3 Jun 21, 2009
Reply by William F.Eden

Japanese Pull Saws

I love them (Thanks Frank) Are the BIG Dollar ones worth the BIG money??? Thanks

Started by Frank Medina

18 Jun 20, 2009
Reply by Cliff Morris

Sound port on an archtop?

I have a Tacoma archtop purchased back in the 90's, and I really like it. 17" LB, AAAAA solid spruce top (CNC carved), solid quilted maple…

Started by Rick Homan

1 Jun 19, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service