FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Recomended source for good quality bone classical saddle

Hello, I would like to put a bone saddle in a Yamaha CG151C. Is there anyone that you folks know of or can direct me to that may be a good…

Started by For-The-Luv-That-Playing-Brings

6 May 21, 2009
Reply by Ron Frazier

Implications of a High Saddle/Shallow Neck Angle

My main steel-string guitar is a cedar/mahogany OM, built very lightly and setup for light-touch fingerstyle play. I've previously posted h…

Started by Brent Hutto

12 May 20, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

Kay Peghead logo. Is this a kelvinator logo?

I have come across this old logo and I would like to know if it has a proper name assigned to this design. It appears to be tin, stamped wi…

Started by Matt Haugen

2 May 19, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

Electric glue pots

I would like to try using hide glue, but the only supplier I can find in the UK for an electric glue pot is Touchstone Tonewoods who want £…

Started by David Gibbon

28 May 18, 2009
Reply by Steve Baker

Koto Repair

I'm looking for someone with specialized knowledge about repairing a Japanese Koto. A friend who lived in Japan for many years has one and…

Started by LARRY KLOSE

0 May 18, 2009

SAND OR NO SAND I PULLED A BRIDGE AND THE BOTTOM OF

THE BRIDGE IS COVERED 90% IN SPRUCE TOP WOULD YOU SAND IT OFF UP TO THE BOTTOM OF THE BRIDGE OR LEAVE IT AND GLUE IT?TO THE TOP

Started by FRANK

5 May 18, 2009
Reply by Nick Anthony

What design of neck joint on Gibson J40?

Hi everybody, I'm contemplating my first neck reset on a decent guitar and want to make sure I know what I am dealing with. The guitar is a…

Started by Peter Corp

3 May 18, 2009
Reply by Nick Anthony

Epoxied Bridge

A customer brought in a Tanglewood bowl bac today and asked me to sort out an over high action. On examination I could see the problem. The…

Started by Dave Yelverton

6 May 18, 2009
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

Bridge Plate Replacement Questions

I am replacing the bridge plate of a late 50's ladder braced Gibson LG-1. The original is made of spruce and is 1/8 inch thick. I have a pi…

Started by Matt Haugen

11 May 17, 2009
Reply by Nick Anthony

Nitro finish cracking

I completed a solid body electric guitar in December of last year. I noticed after five months old the finish is developing cracks ( one ju…

Started by Ed Perkins

6 May 17, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service