FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,369)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bone or Tusq ??

Hi The great "Bone or Tusq" debate rolls on and on and I would appreciate some advice. I have heard that Tusq is the better of the two when…

Started by onemanband

7 May 16, 2009
Reply by onemanband

laquer finish removal

hey folks I have some questions regarding removal of a lacquer finish. i have an acoustic guitar built in the 70's that the top needs to be…

Started by vince sauter

2 May 15, 2009
Reply by vince sauter

Jimmy Page Wiring

Howdy, I am new here, and look forward to the experience. Has anyone ever re-wired a Les Paul JP style? There are a handful of circuits a…

Started by Rick Gentry

17 May 14, 2009
Reply by Joshua Levin-Epstein

Martin employee guitar without truss rod !

Hi, I acquired a Martin guitar which was made by am employee. It's probably made quite recently. The only problem is that it wasn't finishe…

Started by Playguitar

2 May 14, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

I was talking to a bass guitar builder today he was explaining to me

that he uses the mandolin fret wire that it is much better for intonation i don't know personally but am asking if anyone has run acrossed…

Started by FRANK

3 May 13, 2009
Reply by Paul Hostetter

BRIDGE REMOVAL AND RE GLUE

so I have like 3 or 4 different guitars i need to remove bridges on and so what clamps work best for your operation and where did you get y…

Started by FRANK

8 May 13, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Tapered Endpins vs. Strap Buttons

Is there any advantage to a tapered wooden endpin as opposed to just screwing a metal strap button into a solid endblock? My "good" guitar…

Started by Brent Hutto

4 May 13, 2009
Reply by Rick Homan

Vintage Classical Guitar

I have a guitar that I inherited from my grandmother about 10 years ago. She told me a long time ago that the guitar was left to her by a b…

Started by Roi Weber

4 May 13, 2009
Reply by Roi Weber

Super Cheap Nut Files

I am without nut files. I have wanted to buy a set for a while now, but I work for a Newspaper and blah blah blah no job security blah blah…

Started by Matt Haugen

7 May 13, 2009
Reply by John Sims

Aloha guitars/laps

I am putting together a feature page http://www.jedistar.com/aloha.htm on Aloha brand which was made in Hawaii in early 1900s and from 1935…

Started by jedistar

0 May 13, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service