FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

What causes honduran mahogany to darken with age?

Is it oxidation, UV exposure, moisture related, or have anything to do with the type of finish applied? Just wondering if anyone knew of an…

Started by Mac Walker

6 May 5, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

ODE Cam Tuner Drawings?

I recently purchased an early Boulder ODE long neck that was drilled, presumably at the factory, for cam-style D-tuners. I gather the ODE c…

Started by Bill Drellow

2 May 5, 2009
Reply by Bill Drellow

Identification of Banjo

on frets.com, under restringing a banjo, a banjo being used on page 3 and 4 of 5 pages, with a star on the head, what brand of Banjo is tha…

Started by John Holloman

9 May 5, 2009
Reply by John Holloman

Slab Sawn Black Walnut

Hello to all! I just acquired some Black Walnut from a very generous tree excavator. He's had the stuff sitting in his garage for a while a…

Started by Eclipse Wizard

4 May 5, 2009
Reply by Eclipse Wizard

converting an ES-150 Copy to an ES-175 Copy - Need Help with neck-block details/dimensions

Howdy All :) I have embarked on an in-depth project on an old guitar I picked up at a garage sale for $12 back in '84. It is a Gamble's Cor…

Started by Dan Gibbs

0 May 5, 2009

Burns Tremolo

I have been in desperate need of the black plastic handle on the gold tremolo arm on my 1962 Gretsch Duo Jet for 40 years. Anyone have any…

Started by Roger D Lingenfelter

0 May 5, 2009

has anyone experimented with sound hole size?

i am building an acoustic bass guitar and was wondering if i can in large the sound hole to almost 5 inch's for more bass projection?anyone…

Started by FRANK

7 May 5, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

self-contained pick-up

does anyone out there know of a decent self-contained'pickup system similar to a takemine etc?maybe with a tuner on board that can be affor…

Started by john r toothman

1 May 4, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

National Neck Reset

Is there a definitive book or website, or somewhere where i can find more info about the process of repairs and resetting a neck on a metal…

Started by hobocaster

9 May 4, 2009
Reply by Ted Vig

Strat pickup volume problem -- advice please

I recently switched out a 250k volume pot on a strat. The problem is that the customer has voiced a complaint that since he got the guitar…

Started by Colin Brown

24 May 3, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service