FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

cutting acustic pick guard blank

Just wondering what is the best method for cuting a acustic pickguard blank. I have a older yamaha guitar and the pickguard has warpped wit…

Started by hell

8 Mar 12, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Top caving in under tailpiece

I posted the following over at the Mandolin Cafe a few days ago. I figured I'd try it here as well to collect as many ideas as possible bef…

Started by Steve Frost

12 Mar 10, 2009
Reply by Rory

Cracked side

I am 16 and in the process of building my first guitar, i Was bending the sides and bent one side perfectly but cracked the second one pret…

Started by Dan

5 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Mark Dobbins

Baking Tops

Greetings Frank et.al. Most of the tops I build with are old spruce and have been stable but some of the newer cut Lutz I've used is not. T…

Started by Terence Kennedy

8 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

Martin DXK2: What Glue for Bridge to HPL?

Hello All... I got in a Martin DXK2 with a severe belly bulge. The bridge was lifting off due to the distortion of the top I presume. I re…

Started by Ray Hughes

4 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Ray Hughes

Searching for Ivoroid, larger stock

Does anyone have a goodly amount of straight grained Ivoroid, like enough to do a fingerboard and headstock overlay? Thanks,Vinnie

Started by Vince Mondello

2 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Vince Mondello

Fret Question

What kind of effects make a horned fret (es. under B string first 3 frets). Make it a kind of buzz on open cord ?? thanks

Started by brums

23 Mar 8, 2009
Reply by brums

Refret Strat Maple Neck

I'm trying to get an idea of how much it would cost to have a maple Strat neck refretted. The neck is straight as an arrow and I'm happy wi…

Started by Patrick Mooney

13 Mar 7, 2009
Reply by thefishinmusician

Instrument polish

Out of curiosity, what are some opinions on guitar polish? I know it may seem like sort of a mundane topic, but I have used Dunlop formula…

Started by Colin Brown

6 Mar 7, 2009
Reply by Bruce Herrmann

How to remove sides

I took off the soundboard on my harmony to fix bracing and kerf lining.I am trying to remove the sides from the endblock to match up the to…

Started by Ethan

2 Mar 7, 2009
Reply by Ethan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service