FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wiring Diagram Please?

Hi gang a lad over on Lets Talk Guild.com site is in desperate need of a schematic for his 1965 Guild electric Tunderbird . Should someone…

Started by Rob

5 Feb 20, 2009
Reply by Rob

What did you say about re-attaching pickguards to bare wood?

I received an old Gibson with the pickguard removed. There isn't a speck of residue on the underside of the guard and the footprint on the…

Started by Matt Haugen

6 Feb 19, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

adjustable bridge

I'm fixing up an old slope shouldered J45 with the adjustable style bridge. Most of the bridge, the saddle and the two posts that adjust th…

Started by David Houchens

5 Feb 18, 2009
Reply by David Houchens

Jimmy Vaughan Strat fret buzz

Ok, so I got this job, for a Jimmy Vaughan Strat. I get it home, there's almost no relief in the neck. I adjust the truss rod, bringing the…

Started by Kevin Swaim

21 Feb 18, 2009
Reply by Len Biglin

New Bridge / Top Belly

New bridge going on a top with a pretty good belly in it. I'm afraid that clamping a bridge with a truly flat bottom will cause too much st…

Started by Brian Farrell

24 Feb 16, 2009
Reply by Jim Bancroft

where to get bar fret wire

I need bar fret wire for an old restoration. Anyone know a good source

Started by jason Burns

11 Feb 16, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

hum active electronics ?

Hum I have a bass Guitar and was reading about wire ing a capacitor and a resistor inline with the bridge ground to eliminate noise when I…

Started by FRANK

15 Feb 16, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

string going under fret

new to forum, i have a used [ebay] Epiphone Les Paul standard,small e string going under fret. I have mastered everthing i put my mind to f…

Started by bruce

8 Feb 15, 2009
Reply by bruce

Trying to figure out a way to "clamp" a neck

My son's guitar ( Norman ST40) is separating 2-3 mm where the neck meets the body. I'm going to glue it up for him but am having time tryin…

Started by Wayne Walker

3 Feb 14, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Flat top or Radiused top?

I know that a lot of builders these days use a radius on the guitar soundboard but some builders such as Olson, Ryan, Charis etc don't use…

Started by gordon

9 Feb 14, 2009
Reply by gordon

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service