FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,369)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Collings Fretboard Shaper

The Collings fretboard shaper looks just like the tool I want to use in my workshop. Please, if anyone out there has pictures or drawings o…

Started by Robert van der Linde

5 Jan 22, 2009
Reply by FRANK

ebony fingerboard dye

anyone ever put this stuff on rosewood? what happened? bad idea? good idea?

Started by northwestcurt

2 Jan 22, 2009
Reply by FRANK

A Twist in my customers Neck 70 fender ?

Today a customer who happened to have a 70s fender strat has really bad twist in the Neck I have seen this but don't do to much with it. I…

Started by FRANK

4 Jan 21, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

stripped gibson truss rod nut

workin on a gibson with a stripped truss rod nut, any suggestions on gettin it off?

Started by Mark Dobbins

7 Jan 20, 2009
Reply by thefishinmusician

wore thru finish on larravee neck

Hi all, I have a really nice larravee i am working on, my customer has worn clear thru the finish on the back of the neck, i have sanded wt…

Started by Mark Dobbins

1 Jan 20, 2009
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Reinforcing a Truss Rod

I'm restoring my 1971 Martin D-35. I already replaced the 1/4" braces with 5/16" scalloped (due to too much bellying) and the large RW brid…

Started by Mike Mancini

10 Jan 20, 2009
Reply by Mike Mancini

Neck heater users?

Top O' the Morning.... I do a lot of repairs on, shall we say, lower-priced instruments for a couple of music stores. One of the more freq…

Started by Mike Kolb

6 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by thefishinmusician

Naphtha = White Spirit?

Hi! I am going to replace the pickguard on my D-18GE with a tortis one and I have read some "how to" articles all of which recommend the us…

Started by Johan

12 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Ron Frazier

Compensating saddles on Weissenborn style guitars- yes or no?

I've seen them done both ways. Original Weissenborns have the saddle straight across. Some luthiers are now making them with an intonated s…

Started by Rory

1 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Ron Frazier

Head Cleaning

I read Mr. Ford's article on cleaning banjo heads, and I just wanted to point out that you can also use Mr. Clean Magic Erasers (or Melamin…

Started by Vega

0 Jan 19, 2009

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service