FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

66 MUSIC MASTER

I HAVE IN ,MY POSSESSION A 66 MUSIC MASTER 2 WITH CASE IN NEAR MINT CONDITION AND HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO SALE WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST? ANYO…

Started by FRANK

14 Jan 11, 2009
Reply by FRANK

DiGeorgio 12string with almost no bracing

Hi Guys , Im sure a lot of you have seen these DiGeorgio guitars from Brazil ( I think ) . So whats the deal on making a 12 string with onl…

Started by Len Biglin

0 Jan 11, 2009

De-Glue Goo

O.K. I found this stuff...De-Glue goo.....It dissolves wood and hide gluue,,Actually, it doesn't dissolve as much as loosens,....scrapes ri…

Started by thefishinmusician

6 Jan 10, 2009
Reply by thefishinmusician

Best exopy?????

I remember in the "olden days " , I could get a green and clear " Aircraft epoxy" from LMI...When I called them and asked them about it, th…

20 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by juan chicoy

frets. glue or no glue?

im building my first guitar, and im wondering if i should use any type of glue to hold the frets in place. being a newbie and help will be…

Started by northwestcurt

14 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by Mark Dobbins

Yamaha fg180

I have a yamaha fg180 1972 year mod. the heel is cracked about 1 in below fret bd. I have taken the truss rod nut off . I can push the neck…

Started by Morris Calhoun

4 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by Morris Calhoun

wear resistant saddle?

The customer plays a jumbo guitar with heavy strings (0.013..) and a heavy , aggressive right hand. Every some months the strings cut groov…

Started by A Joe

9 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by A Joe

bending hi figured koa

Hi all I am about to build a koa guitar , i have built rosewood , maple, palo escrito, and walnut,the koa i have is super figured and i was…

Started by Mark Dobbins

4 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by Mark Dobbins

tight binding..F hole binding???

How do you bind an F hole??? never seen any help on this topic....even in books and stuff...did I somehow miss Franks link??...O.K....appol…

2 Jan 8, 2009
Reply by FRANK

tusq pre slotted nuts

In my repair business I often have occasion to make nuts. Sometimes if a customer requests I will make one using the Tusq blanks. When doin…

Started by Rick Hoey

8 Jan 8, 2009
Reply by Darren

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service