FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,369)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Humidity issue with an old Harmony Soveriegn?

Howdy all!!! First Post here!! glad to find this place! So I'm just starting down the slippery slope of getting into guitar repair and ha…

Started by Blue in VT

6 Jan 8, 2009
Reply by Blue in VT

American Strat Bi-Flex truss rod issue

I've got a 2002 American Strat on my bench with a bi-flex truss rod issue. With the truss rod nut turned as far clockwise as I can take it,…

Started by Evan Williams

4 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Evan Williams

How Tricky is Regluing a Bridge

OK, I've seen the description on Frank's site of removing and regluing a lifted bridge. Certainly not something I'm going to try at home. B…

Started by Brent Hutto

10 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Markus Schmid

18 VOLT MOD EMG P/U

HAS ANYONE HAD THE PLEASURE TO DO A 18V MOD ON ELECTRIC GUITAR? I JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FOR ONE I SAID I WILL GET BACK TO YA I FOUND SOME S…

Started by FRANK

3 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Brazilian Rosewood repair

Due to an accident, the details of which I won't go into....I now have a crack in the newly bent Brazilian Rosewood side (treble) of a guit…

Started by Michael Tulloch

11 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Michael Tulloch

18 VOLT MOD EMG P/U

HAS ANYONE HAD THE PLEASURE TO DO A 18V MOD ON ELECTRIC GUITAR? I JUST GOT A PHONE CALL FOR ONE I SAID I WILL GET BACK TO YA I FOUND SOME S…

Started by FRANK

0 Jan 6, 2009

Zorb-it

Anyone have any experience using Zorb-it? We struggle with winter dryness here and I'd like to offer my customers more than plastic boxes o…

Started by Steve Baker

2 Jan 6, 2009
Reply by Steve Baker

How to flatten a badly warped mandolin top?

My friend rescued an old STETSON bowlback mandolin from the trash. It is nicer than most garden variety bowlbacks - some nice fretboard inl…

Started by Frank Capo

9 Jan 5, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

string buzz... how to fix it?

Hi, I just got a baritone ukulele for christmas, and it's got a string buzz on the 3rd fret, i.e. when I play a note fretted at the 2nd fre…

Started by Nick S

6 Jan 4, 2009
Reply by thefishinmusician

Fretless neck setup

Is there a trick to getting a fretless neck set up just right? Should the board be sanded dead flat, and if so, what's the best way to do i…

Started by Matt Hayden

4 Jan 3, 2009
Reply by danove

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service