FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Difficulty leveling Rosette

I installed a rosette in a Euro Spruce soundboard, leaving it slightly proud so that it could be scraped level. Well, the rosette seems to…

Started by Jerry Mercer

11 Nov 30, 2008
Reply by Bob Webster

Finishing Curly Maple

Can anyone suggest how to finish curly maple to get a some what antique look? I'm wanting to finish a banjo rim and neck and would like to…

Started by Bill Rickard

9 Nov 29, 2008
Reply by Russell Vance

Jumbo Guitar

G'Day Members, If milling and resawing Back and sides billets for Jumbo Guitar how much extra do you feel one should cut sizes at to allow…

Started by Robert Mac Millan

2 Nov 28, 2008
Reply by Robert Mac Millan

Piezo Saddles (for tune-o-matics)

has anyone here whacked one with a hammer to see what's inside? Looks like the actual saddle where the string rests is wrapped in something…

Started by Penql

3 Nov 28, 2008
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Ning Issues

I sent in a support ticket - nice that they allow users to report problems.

Started by Penql

1 Nov 27, 2008
Reply by Penql

Pumice and Rottenstone

I am at the final stages of my first guitar. I am just waiting for the KTM-9 brushed on water-based lacquer to cure before buffing. The tro…

Started by Doug Collins

10 Nov 24, 2008
Reply by Doug Collins

Any thoughts on this repair?

I am not going to take this repair on. But wanted to post it before it leaves shop. It is a Johnny Smith in a bad way. Braces are butchered…

Started by Mike Fleck

0 Nov 24, 2008

What to do about white stuff In "dry creek bed" checked finish?

The photo tells the story. The back of the headstock looks the same, and there is a little of this on sides at the upper bout, and a spot o…

Started by Rick Homan

4 Nov 24, 2008
Reply by Rick Homan

Adjusting 60's D18 neck relief

I have a 1965 D18 on the bench for the well-known 'Top bulge at the bass side of the bridge' problem, plus minor intonation tweaks and acti…

Started by Alys and Simcha

5 Nov 23, 2008
Reply by David Reilly

Making Forms for Fox/Universal Sidebender

When I make a new form for my sidebender, I undersize it by the thickness of the sides, and usually have to touch up the bends on a hot iro…

Started by Larry Schultz

5 Nov 22, 2008
Reply by Larry Schultz

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service