FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A. Burguet AA-022 Finish

I have an A. Burguet AA-022 classical with a nasty side split. I used Frank's suggestion for testing the finish with a dab of acetone on a…

Started by Robert Filippi

0 Oct 29, 2008

Gibson LGO neck joint

Is the dovetail location on a Gibson LGO similar in location to the dovetail location on a Martin (under about the 15th fret)? And does any…

Started by Matt Hayden

2 Oct 28, 2008
Reply by Matt Hayden

The Pain

Here's the scenario (ok, here's my currrent scenario)... You're making peghead veneer, you have a sweet piece of rosewood, bookmatched, fr…

Started by Penql

11 Oct 28, 2008
Reply by Penql

More hide glue stuff

OK kids, I've got experience with hide glue, but here's one I've gotten a good answer on: how long does it take for wood to oxidize? My pat…

Started by Christian Johnson

7 Oct 27, 2008
Reply by Christian Johnson

making bone nuts

hello there! i'm a newbie and i was wondering if there are articles out there on how to prepare raw bone material to nuts and saddles. any…

Started by jb

6 Oct 26, 2008
Reply by jb

Electric glue pots

I would like to try using hide glue but the only supplier I can find in the UK for the heated gluepot is Touchstone Tonewoods who want £235…

Started by David Gibbon

0 Oct 26, 2008

Hide Glue Temperature

I'm using Hide Glue for the first time and I have a feeling I might not be getting it hot enough. Is the water temperature supposed to be 1…

Started by Doug Collins

16 Oct 24, 2008
Reply by David Houchens

Little mysteries

I started building my first, as promised. It was going to be a sort of plain L-6S style until I spied that curly big leaf maple board I hav…

Started by Penql

10 Oct 20, 2008
Reply by Penql

Fretboart curvature

I’m a bit confused about the standard for the fretboart curvature. Often it is said that it should be straight and (maybe) with a relief.…

Started by danove

4 Oct 20, 2008
Reply by danove

A nylon string dreadnought?

I also posted this question on the Acoustic Guitar Magazine forum. Those of you who look at both, please bear with me. Thanks. I'm about t…

Started by Jack Lord

3 Oct 20, 2008
Reply by Magnus Hultin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service