FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

3 piece neck reset

Howdy ; I just took in a Martin 2 1/2 - 17 that is in great condition for it's age but someone has put steel strings on it at some point an…

Started by Marty Lanham

5 Oct 19, 2008
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Noob question.

Hi every one, I'm trying to learn how to play the acoustic guitar for the first time. Every time I practice my finger is killing me. I did…

Started by John

1 Oct 19, 2008
Reply by Martin Edwards

Question on saddle height

First off I would like to say that this is the BEST site I have ever came across for the acoustic guitar....besides Frank's Frets page of c…

Started by Matthew

2 Oct 18, 2008
Reply by Matthew

Paging Frank Ford

Hi Frank, I was hoping to catch you on here- I wanted to ask about getting your permission to use your photos- would you like to email me…

Started by Terence

0 Oct 18, 2008

Some Pictures of My Banjo Ukuleles

Hey Everybody- Here is the latest Beansprout, complete with some upgrades: -K+K Big Shot Pickup. I just used it in front of 3000 people at…

Started by Aaron Keim

3 Oct 18, 2008
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Need Serious Help!!

My 1967 Hummingbird was recently STOMPED on!!!!!! Tho top and part of the side near the upper bout are destroyed. This guitar is special to…

Started by VelvetoneStudios

3 Oct 18, 2008
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Repair belt buckle rash

I caused two very light scratches on the back of my Eastman 810CE, and I'm wondering if I can polish them out myself. They are very slight…

Started by slideguy

1 Oct 17, 2008
Reply by Jim Bancroft

fretboard lifting off body, martin guitar

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a Martin 000-28EC in for repair, purchased new 7 months ago, and the fretboard is coming away from the n…

Started by David Reilly

9 Oct 16, 2008
Reply by danove

Headstock - Tuner location

Every acoustic guitar I have ever seen has the tuners located in a straight line up the head. This causes the strings on the middle strings…

Started by Doug Collins

10 Oct 16, 2008
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

Waterbased Laquer Finishing

I'm a little way off from finishing my first guitar, but I thought I should start to think about it. Because of my shop limitations, I will…

Started by Doug Collins

3 Oct 15, 2008
Reply by Martin Edwards

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service