FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ugly Headstock

Just picked up a '98 Epiphone AJ- 45, a decent solid wood guitar. I'll do some simple upgrades ( bone nut and saddle ) and I'll have a nice…

Started by Ken Desiata

6 Oct 6, 2008
Reply by Rev George

piezo undersaddle pickup question...

on the bench is a Takamine 12-string (EG523SC-12) that has the split bridge saddles and, hence, 2 piezo strips connected to the TK40 onboar…

Started by Mike Kolb

7 Oct 6, 2008
Reply by Mike Kolb

New guy here with repair questions

Greetings all! I'm new on this forum but have been playing ukulele for a little over a year now and am going to try my hand at some repair…

Started by Tad

3 Oct 2, 2008
Reply by Tad

Luthier info Frank et al

Not wanting to crash the party - I am not a luthier - but I collect info about them assuming that if someone finds a guitar without provide…

Started by jedistar

4 Oct 2, 2008
Reply by Jack Howland

GIBSON JUMBO FRETS

I have a left handed 1960 reisue gibson les paul classic with Jumbo frets. They are so square and wide that sliding and moving is like runn…

Started by ELLIOTTO LOCO

1 Oct 1, 2008
Reply by Doug T

D-28 squashed by a very big man slipping backwards on a wet staircase

I would like to share

Started by Simon Pinder

9 Sep 30, 2008
Reply by cybercat

Making a new neck.

I'm considering building my first guitar and have looked into guitar kits from Stewart MacDonald. But being the kind of guy that prefers to…

Started by Doug Collins

41 Sep 29, 2008
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

How many repair guys have an engineering background?

I started off my working life as a precision engineer, and I was lucky enough to be trained by a couple of people whose skill (and attitude…

Started by steve curtis

10 Sep 28, 2008
Reply by Russell Vance

fret rebuilding?

hey everyone; i was flipping thru the classifieds today and saw an ad for "fret rebuilding" as opposed to refretting. although i claim to i…

Started by mike

9 Sep 27, 2008
Reply by Brian Farrell

side thickness for bending

I'm about to bend up some OM sides using my electric bender. The Brazilian rosewood seems particularly dense and hard, harder than other si…

Started by Bruce Herrmann

2 Sep 26, 2008
Reply by Bruce Herrmann

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service