FRETS.NET

Metalworking, Machining, Tool & Fixture Making for Luthiers (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Table saw crosscut sled for fret slotting

Hi, all -- After years of buying slotted fingerboards, I decided it's finally time to start slotting my own. I'm ordering the StewMac table…

Started by Kevin Canney

4 Nov 8, 2018
Reply by Russell Vance

what router to use for the StewMac Router bit, shank diameter 0.25 inch?

A question after some 5 years of absence on this magnificent site, great to be back!! I bought the StewMac router bit set here in Europe (n…

Started by Bart van Weperen

6 Jul 12, 2018
Reply by Patrick Corrigan

Hardware : BIGSBY Retrofit Solutions by TOWNER

Luthiers & Guitar Techs, back in 2011 I introduced to market the down tension bar to retrofit Bigsby B3's and B6's (with 'ex-short' hin…

Started by Christian J Towner

3 Mar 10, 2018
Reply by Christian J Towner

Tool for adjusting saddle radius and height

Hello All, I have created a tool that quickly and accurately adjusts the height of an acoustic guitar saddle.  I have been using it in my s…

Started by Jamie Roadman

7 Nov 22, 2016
Reply by Jamie Roadman

Ribbeke Binding Machine plans

I am trying to find the plans to the binding machine that LMII used to carry.  Does anyone know where I can find them?

Started by John K Larson Jr

18 Jan 27, 2015
Reply by Karan Singh

making tuning keys

Hello friends i saw mr.Frank Fords website posts and got made is he a human or a robert doing this job. cant believe how can he make the d…

Started by rahoul waghmare

3 Nov 17, 2014
Reply by rahoul waghmare

Classical Guitar Fingerboard Tapering

I've had a devil of a time tapering ebony and rosewood fingerboards.  No matter how sharp I set my plane, tear-out occur. I'm searching for…

Started by Cameron Petersen

9 Jun 25, 2014
Reply by Cameron Petersen

What blade to get for this Bandsaw?

It's a Universal Products 3 Speed Bandsaw, model is UBS14UL, 0.3 hoursepower. It's my friends and we want to use it for a few simple tasks…

Started by eliya

5 Feb 6, 2014
Reply by eliya

ADVICE PLEASE..RE BROKEN REMOVING BROKEN SCREW IN WAVERLY F MANDO TUNER

please see attached photo.. i believe the best way to get the sheared screw remains out from inside the threaded shaft is to take the s…

Started by Tony

18 Apr 28, 2013
Reply by Tony

Drill Press Runout

I recently picked up a nearly new Jet 3/4 HP, 16 speed drillpress at an estate sale for a great price.  After getting it home and setting i…

Started by Larry Schultz

12 Apr 21, 2013
Reply by Robbie Collins

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service