FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'fretboard' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Neck/Fretboard Repair

I have a neck that I wanted to do a fret level/crowning but It turns out the neck is warped and twisted (back bow on one side while other s…

Started by Jack of all trades.

5 May 12, 2015
Reply by Carl Mesrobian

Should fretboard fall off at body join?

I'm trying to figure out if I have a problem on the second guitar I've built.  Looks like I made a mistake when I attached the neck to the…

Started by Ron Daves

11 Jan 21, 2014
Reply by Ron Daves

Change Fretboard Radius of a 1942 D-18

Hi Everyone, I play a lot of bluegrass on my 1942 D-18 but find the 16" radius not as comfortable as other guitars with say a 14" or 12" ra…

Started by George Clements

9 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by George Clements

How to add inlays?

Hello everybody. I've build several guitars, and i've never added inlays (I like how fretboards look with no dots). Now I'm finishing a fly…

Started by Alvaro Balderrama Chiappe

5 Feb 3, 2013
Reply by Alvaro Balderrama Chiappe

Newbie: Seating Frets to Consistent Height; Using cant file correctly.

I just finished my second refretting -  Jazz Bass neck. My first refret was a Danelectro 1445 with just about every neck problem imaginable…

Started by Robbie Collins

54 Dec 30, 2012
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

MIM Fender strat, 1993, rosewood fretboard separating from neck very slightly between the 5th and 8th frets

hello all, i noticed a bump in the neck on this one. looking closer i see that the fretboard has separated, and that it has been unsuccessf…

Started by David Reilly

5 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by David Reilly

Putting relief in the frets, not the board?

Happy 4th, all. As a celebration of America's independence, I come here posting a quandary and looking for all input and thoughts. About 2…

Started by Jeremy Borkat

2 Jul 5, 2009
Reply by Tim Mace

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service