FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'reset' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Quick question - gluing order

Howdy, For once I have a straight forward and simple question (hopefully) - hurray!  OK, so I'm resetting the neck on my own 1948 Gibson…

Started by John Cartwright

6 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Hesh Breakstone

Gurian Guitar Neck Removal

Has anyone ever taken a neck out of a Gurian steel string guitar? I haven't yet but I'm about to do a neck reset on one and I want to know…

Started by Jack Dillen

8 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by Paul Verticchio

Need help - 1956 ES 175 needs a restoration job

Hi everybody! I have a great 1956 ES-175 that needs a serious restoration job. It has a crack in the heel of the neck. I was told it needs…

Started by Micha Schellhaas

26 Jul 21, 2013
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

Guild m-20 - unusual neck reset question

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has run into one of these Guild M-20's with the back that extends and acts as the heel cap.  It needs a r…

Started by Steve Baker

5 May 22, 2013
Reply by Steve Baker

Order of operations for a Guild neck removal

So, I picked up another project. This one is a Guild D35 from 1982, which suffered a shattered neck and some really, really bad epoxy and c…

Started by Mark Pollock

7 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by Ian Barker

Guild D212NT neck removal - wimpy dovetail joint observation

I was very lucky a couple of weeks ago, and picked up a nice Guild D212NT made in 1982. It had a loose neck, so I got it for $125 - a steal…

Started by Mark Pollock

7 May 30, 2012
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

My neck reset/removal tips for general consumption. Approach with caution.

Some of these are copied from others, some I used my own pea-brain to figure out. After reading a recent post about a difficult neck remova…

Started by Mark A. Kane

7 May 13, 2011
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

Do I neck reset a guitar that has been reset in the past?

Hi all I have a golden rule that I don't reset necks on guitars that have already had neck resets. The reason is that if they used the wro…

Started by Jim Fleeting

12 Oct 17, 2009
Reply by Chris Sisson

the impossible neck reset

in Franks articlel on doing a neck reset with a "bolt on", http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Guitar/NeckReset/BCRIchReset/b

Started by fred huang

5 May 9, 2009
Reply by Frank Ford

Frank Ford's Espresso Neck-Steaming Rig with Krups Model Numbers

Howdy All :) I just thought I'd share my copy of Frank Ford's Neck Steaming tip that is located here from ack in year 2000: http://frets.c

Started by Dan Gibbs

7 May 6, 2009
Reply by Larry Parker

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service