FRETS.NET

I bought a  danelectro 59 guitar (maybe second hand, but they told me it was new) it has the problem the 3 positions switch doesn´t work (its off) at the neck position, the pick ups work , the volume in the middle position is louder than the bridge. It seems a wiring  issue when they treted to fix a ground issue they told me it has before sold me

Views: 446

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Someone here may have the answer right off the bat, but this may not be the best venue for electric guitar wiring questions. Here's a good Facebook group (among many others) that might be better suited for the question at hand... good luck :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/256262314784506

there seems to be no pickup connected to one side of the switch , should be a pickup soldered to each end , and the output from the centre terminal . When I say pickup , it could be the output from a pot .

There are a bunch of Danelectro schematics around, but I can't vouch for any. I've attached one. 

The reason the middle position is louder is because the pick ups are in series (a danelectro trait). 

I would try to get the factory wiring to work. If that fails (or you don't like it) you can convert to a more typical, Gibson style wiring. I have a reissue longhorn that a installed a 6 way switch (from Stew Mac) going into master volume and tone. Still not a Jazz Bass, but not bad. No one could pay me enough to install that switch again.

Attachments:

thank you very much!

Yes , it seems that, but I connected the red cable to the other side and it diddn´t work, may that is because of a ground issue , I´ll try to make a blueprint in paper to check the conneections

Sorry to be late to the party but, having just posted a question myself and reading the forum, I came across your post and hope this may help.

I have a Dano '59 12 string that had dodgy connection a couple of years ago so before re-soldering everything I made a note of the connections. This has proved helpful to someone else recently, so if you've not got it sorted yet, I hope it may help you also.

Brian.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service