FRETS.NET

I have discovered a couple glue spots on my soundboard. The soundboard is Port Orford Cedar. The glue is white polyvinyl instrument maker's glue. What is the best and safest way to remove it?

Views: 203

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

DO YOU HAVE TOP COAT ? NITRO ,POLLY , FRENCH POLISH, NATURAL NO FINISH WHAT?
I have applied a coat of clear shellack as a sanding sealer, that is all.
The glue is water soluable, so warm water will remove it.
If you have shellac over it, first you need to remove the shellac, in that spot anyway.

If the water don't completely remove it, then scraping and sanding will remove it.

Jim
late answer to a few month's old question..but you should have great success with a product called "De-Glue Goo".Reviewed a few years ago in the GAL mag.by Michael Tagawa, Works best on freshly dried glue but I rely on it for cleaning up around the bridge after blue up..and also for removing spots without sanding (like the one's you describe in your question) They usually show up after a wipe with Naptha, not always with water. Works great.
Thanks. Actually, I have de-glue-goo. I sanded the glue spot out and didn't use it. Probably should have. Anyway got rid of the spots and finished the guitar and am hapy with it.
Thanks for the input
to all, vinagar will turn white & yellow glue to cottage cheez.sanding takes wood off.......use a black light till you see all traces gone

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service