FRETS.NET

I have a customer who owns several basses , his Stingray is troublesome as the action changes all the time while his Japanese Fender does not . Is it a known thing ? I have another customer who adjusts his own Stingray truss when needed but not sure if that's humidity ?

Views: 234

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I always note these issues as "quirks of the guitar" or "quirks of the wood".  Could be the cut of the wood or how it was dried or stored? Could be the actual grain structure of that piece of wood? Could be thickness of the finish or how resistant to moisture exchange it is?  Could be a combo of factors?  Lots of variables...

Can happen with about any guitar in my experience, although generally I've found that cheap guitars have more "quirks"...

Music Man Stingray basses usually have an oil finish on the neck.  Such oil finishes are less resistant to changes in relative humidity than those with a more impervious finish like lacquer or poly.  So necks with an oil finish are more likely to react to RH changes and require more frequent adjustments.

I managed to persuade the owner to do his own rod adjustments as needed. End of problem .

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service