FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,369)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Electric Tenor Guitar strings ?

Hi everyone , I have been at this for 25 years but very rarely see a tenor guitar , well now i have an electric tenor that's breaking the h…

Started by Len Biglin

2 Aug 9, 2023
Reply by Len Biglin

Smoothness, flatness of classical guitar tops

One of my hobbies is optical fabrication, and various tests reveal the flatness and smoothness of surfaces.  In ordinary life I see surface…

Started by Colin Caissie

1 Aug 7, 2023
Reply by Greg Mirken

Anyone recognize this peg head?

Anyone recognize this peg head?  See image.

Started by Dave Hanna

2 Aug 4, 2023
Reply by Dave Hanna

Truth about the '60's rounded Martin headstocks?

I can spot 1960's Martins by the softness of the headstock profiles across several models.  The "official" explanation for this OBVIOUS cha…

Started by Colin Caissie

2 Jul 29, 2023
Reply by Colin Caissie

Strange embossed patch on my Martin O-16NY headstock

I was lucky to get a really fine '66 O-16 New Yorker from the State of Maine Martin Warranty guy...kinda a guitar whisperer who knew that I…

Started by Colin Caissie

4 Jul 28, 2023
Reply by Colin Caissie

BRW Fingerboard (Removed) Warped

This BRW fingerboard was removed from the neck of a '42 Martin 00 recently .. the hide glue had given up the ghost, as did everything else…

Started by onewent

10 Jul 25, 2023
Reply by Taffy Evans

EXTRA BRACE?

Starting new thread on the 58 Gibson. This is the one where the neck collapsed into the sound hole. I feel things are going well. All but o…

Started by Lex

28 Jul 23, 2023
Reply by Taffy Evans

Source for truss rod supplies

I'm looking for a source for supplies to make my own truss rods. Of course, steel rod, etc  Is available at any home depot, but I am lookin…

Started by Christopher Parker

0 Jul 23, 2023

Martin D18

I am looking to buy a 72 Martin D 18 from a friend. I want to give him a fair price. As you can see in the pics it needs a little work!! Ha…

Started by Lex

3 Jul 22, 2023
Reply by Mark McLean

Gibson Mandolin 1913 . Off gassing pick guard .

Hi gang , Ive got an early Gibson mandolin , the pick guard is missing but it must have off gassed in the past and has rusted the frets and…

Started by Len Biglin

4 Jul 17, 2023
Reply by Len Biglin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service