FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,282)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fretboard fall-away....Yea or Nay?

Hope everyone had a fine turkey-day!  This isn't a specific repair-related topic, but what's the general consensus about using (or dealing-…

Started by Mike Kolb

4 Dec 24, 2021
Reply by Mike Kolb

Multiple reset galleries.

I have noticed there are several reset pages under different spellings , re-set , neck re-set , and neck reset , maybe more . I wonder if t…

Started by Len Biglin

0 Dec 20, 2021

1953 Gibson LG 1 top and back radius question

Presented for your consideration............... I have a 1953 Gibson LG 1 that is in the process of being extensively repaired.  It's miss…

Started by John Yungbluth

7 Dec 18, 2021
Reply by Len Biglin

Ibanez guitar lower bout measurement-longshot inquiry

A lady friend is looking at an Ibanez special edition electric but can't get the measurement of the lower bout--critical to her for playing…

Started by LARRY KLOSE

2 Dec 11, 2021
Reply by Mike Kolb

BAY STATE NECK JOINT

I'm working on restoring a little Bay State parlor guitar.  I think it dates to the 1890s, and curiously is marked "University of Michigan"…

Started by George Roberts

4 Dec 8, 2021
Reply by George Roberts

Epiphone Recording Banjo

Hi Folks, I recently acquired an Epiphone recording banjo, the Concert Art Model, after it had been found in a trash pile down in Florida…

Started by Chris Vallillo

1 Dec 7, 2021
Reply by Chris Vallillo

Thick Varnish on a Bruno

This Bruno parlor guitar came with its original coffin case.  The guitar itself is about as close to a basket case as they come.  It was he…

Started by George Roberts

12 Nov 22, 2021
Reply by Chris Vallillo

Dremel Routing Fret Slots

I have always done the old pick, saw, and/or knife cleaning. I am considering checking out the dremel method with the 1/32" bit. I have dre…

Started by Thomas James

41 Nov 16, 2021
Reply by Frank SIlano

Adding a truss rod to a classical guitar - Neck or sound hole nut?

Presented for your consideration............... Another out of the dumpster, and onto my workbench project. I've acquired awhile back old…

Started by John Yungbluth

9 Nov 14, 2021
Reply by Taffy Evans

Broken Bakelite Richenbacher

I've got a Ricky Lap steel with a broken neck. It is a clean break where the tenon/neck joins the body. Have any of you had any experience…

Started by Don Daringer

9 Nov 9, 2021
Reply by Don Daringer

RSS

© 2022   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service