FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,308)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone using a workstation on a pedestal, like Howard's or StewMac's?

I need to switch to a workstation I can sit at, and it seems like there are a lot of advantages to using something like the Howard's Total…

Started by Eric Gleason

2 Mar 10
Reply by Taffy Evans

Hohner HG-512 12 string neck joint?

Presented for your consideration............... I'm' looking at a mid 70's Japaneses made Hohner ( Teacup logo ) HG-512 12 string that is…

Started by John Yungbluth

9 Mar 10
Reply by Jay Lowe

Anyone using a workstation on a pedestal, like Howard's or StewMac's?

I need to switch to a workstation I can sit at, and it seems like there are a lot of advantages to using something like the Howard's Total…

Started by Eric Gleason

0 Mar 9

Fret tang height/length question

Hi guys... I am refretting an LP with a bound neck. I had to remove some material from the fretboard due to a twist/bend in the neck (with…

Started by Victor Croll

6 Mar 7
Reply by Victor Croll

Frank's Instrument of Frustration

This is the Bay State guitar that I work on sporadically.  The back has been off as long as I've had it, more than 20 years.  When I got to…

Started by George Roberts

14 Mar 7
Reply by George Roberts

Stewmac's Z-file. Original, safe or centered?

I'm in for a new fret file, and I find the idea with Stewmac's Z-file fine. Do you agree? If so: Which of them?

Started by Bob Steinarsson

16 Mar 6
Reply by Victor Croll

Taylor 110 with Broken Headstock - Now with 8+ year Update

Recently, my son's cat, Don, had a manic spaz attack and bounded into my son's Taylor 110 (yes, it was left in a precarious position from t…

Started by Evan Bradford

38 Mar 1
Reply by Evan Bradford

Deformed Plywood Top and Plywood Bridge Plate

Hello, and thanks in advance for your advice. What approach would you take to fix a terribly deformed plywood top with a plywood bridge pl…

Started by Elaine S. Hartstein

23 Feb 17
Reply by Taffy Evans

Warm up time for a guitar in a case & shipping box.

Thought I'd share this here because I know there are people who appreciate debunking old wives' tales. Popular thought on a lot of the foru…

Started by Eric Gleason

3 Feb 10
Reply by Taffy Evans

At what point do you replace a vintage back ?

I have a total rstoration on the bench..A 40's script Gibson...Neck re-set / refret bridge / bridge plate , etc....All the back braces need…

Started by thefishinmusician

4 Feb 7
Reply by Taffy Evans

RSS

© 2022   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service