FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,023)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New to me way to copy a neck

Lacking talent or coordination, I have had problems documenting necks with a contour gauge or the big stack of cards method. I really love…

Started by Mike Cornwall

2 Mar 31
Reply by Mike Cornwall

Another bridge pin angle question

This is the bridge from the parlor guitar that has the unreadable writing inside.  The front of the bridge, in front of the saddle, split o…

Started by George Roberts

4 Mar 29
Reply by Andrew

String Tension Question

Hello..... Just one quick question if I may. I only play 12string guitars, and following a recent left wrist injury, have only been playing…

Started by Brian T. Williams

5 Mar 28
Reply by Andrew

need help IDing this fingerboard wood

i got this in the 90s from an eco lumber sustainable lumberyard that now doesnt exist in bay area.  I completely forgot its name back then …

Started by chris hughes

5 Mar 27
Reply by chris hughes

Bridge pin size and angle

Hi all.  I am new here! Bridge pins have been loose since I bought the guitar, but now one is slipping. Can't measure the hole angle accura…

Started by Paul Levens

23 Mar 16
Reply by Ron Frazier

!2 string nut slots

Guys I just wanted to get some opinions on how you cut 12 string nut slots.  I cut them so each string in the pair clears the first fret b…

Started by Dave Sparrow

6 Mar 15
Reply by Dave Sparrow

Martin with alloy soundboard

Hi everyone , This is a Martin with an aluminium soundboard , the bridges on these tend to let go . This one has been reglued 3 times , tak…

Started by Len Biglin

8 Mar 14
Reply by Jay Lowe

Thoughts on ukulele/banjo friction pegs

Working on an old banjolele today. Customer's complaint is the usual about slipping pegs. It currently has washers on either side: one a bl…

Started by Keith

7 Mar 14
Reply by Mark McLean

Linseed oil? Education needed.

Hobbyist here, non professional. Can anyone chime in on the use of linseed oil on fingerboards?  I was watching a few different YouTube vi…

Started by John Yungbluth

17 Mar 9
Reply by Lee Gendvilas

How far to scrape top wood underneath the bridge?

Hey Guys! First post here in this community. First I´d like to say I´m a fan of Frank Ford and his ways to tackling issues on guitars. Rea…

Started by Alexis Magni

18 Feb 26
Reply by jbbancroft

RSS

© 2019   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service