FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Don't toss out that old silverware box

I find it very exciting to step away from the seriousness of guitar making and let loose with silliness on occasion. This is my most recent…

Started by Matt Haugen

9 Jun 1, 2009
Reply by Rick Homan

Eastern walnut as a fingerboard material?

Hello everyone, relatively new luthier here. I'm currently challenging myself to make a reasonable sounding electric using only domestic wo…

Started by Mac Walker

5 Jun 1, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

finish inside of guitar??

I have a customer with a problem we rarely see here in Minnesota. He lives in Belize most of the time and he recently brought in his rather…

Started by Charlie Hoffman

3 May 31, 2009
Reply by Ron Frazier

Best way to trim purfling flush with soundboard?

I'm making an acoustic guitar for the first time. I got the 000 kit from Stewmac. I installed the purfling into the rosette and now I'm sup…

Started by Dan Coplan

11 May 30, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Question about gluing top to sides

I'm building a 000 kit from Stewmac. When gluing the top to the sides there is supposed to be a little bit of overhang all the way around.…

Started by Dan Coplan

12 May 29, 2009
Reply by Dan Coplan

Broken Baby Taylor Neck

Despite all efforts, I had to check my Baby Taylor before getting on a plane. It has a broken neck now, and I'm hoping it is easy to repair…

Started by Russ Vernick

3 May 29, 2009
Reply by Russ Vernick

Trem-Setter on a Floyd-Rose

I wonder if you ever try instaling a Trem-Setter on a Floyd-Rose. I have a Godin wich is quite buzzy even with a good set-up and fret level…

Started by mathieu thomas-guy

4 May 28, 2009
Reply by Marc Anthony

Restore my dad's D12-20 or?

I need to decide whether I want to have my dad's old Martin D12-20 12 string brought back to proper condition or let it rest retired and bu…

Started by Ray Brown

5 May 26, 2009
Reply by Paul Hostetter

New Martin D12-28

I bought this guitar new in January. Since late spring has settled in, the action has become too high. Is this a seasonal change or a resul…

Started by Richard Schreiber

2 May 26, 2009
Reply by griff

How to glue a crack in a new neck before laquering it.

Hi guys I have a new martin style neck in a kit , I found a crack half way up the bass side cheek while sanding. What glue is best here bef…

Started by Len Biglin

2 May 25, 2009
Reply by Len Biglin

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service