FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Can anyone identify these pickups?

The attached picture shows fronts and backs of three similar pickups. The pole pieces are different sizes, and the height of the cases are…

Started by Elaine S. Hartstein

2 May 2, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Fishman Acoustic Matrix Volume control sought

I have a Fishman Acoustic Matrix Natural 1 Active pickup to install. It did not come with a volume control. The install data sheet showed t…

Started by Jerry Ryan

11 May 1, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

FISHMAN PASSIVE PICK UP Qs

i have it installed while messing with it i tore the foil off the pick up a little and now it is giving me a headache has anyone experience…

Started by FRANK

1 May 1, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

Old Kay PG material

Yesterday was old guitar day here at the shop. Had a customer bring in his grandad's 1955 LP custom, all original! Nice $35,000 guitar! Als…

Started by Christian Johnson

3 May 1, 2009
Reply by Brent Hutto

Crack along side of Martin fingerboard...Again...

I posted before on this...Some said remove neck...Frank said leave neck on...Either way, I cannot make it move!!! The only loose brace is u…

Started by thefishinmusician

0 Apr 30, 2009

Best Guild Strings

I here over on the Guild site that D'Addario strings are the way to go for the best overall volume /tone/substain for my D-35 Westerly buil…

Started by Rob

3 Apr 29, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

Humidity in Mexico,California and Cremona

Which is the ODD ONE OUT? California! How perverse is that? All those nice people in California who like to play guitar and a climate PERZA…

Started by John Cadd

5 Apr 29, 2009
Reply by John Cadd

greak bazookey ? is that how its spelled?

the top caved in it has several rows of binding the celluloid kind i think that has given way i am gong for it but would like some thoughts…

Started by FRANK

7 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Top crack and a heel lift

This is my first post on this forum, and I hope some of you can help me out. I corresponded with Frank on this problem, and he gave me some…

Started by Ron Moucka

6 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by Ron Moucka

Bending wood and Violin BOWS using a relector lamp

A popular pastime among violin players is leaving their bow tight when in its case.Worse still is leaving the case in a hot car. Toasty!! T…

Started by John Cadd

2 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by FRANK

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service