FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Soundboard Splinters

This is the condition the guitar arrived in, what is the best way to repair the splintered areas? It is a cedar top. The chips are gone, an…

Started by Jerry Ryan

9 Jan 29, 2009
Reply by Jerry Ryan

Heat Stress? What about cold?

I read the article on Heat Stress and it got me thinking. I live in far northern Minnesota and heat isn't quite the problem here that it is…

Started by n0ukf

15 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by Dave

Yairi Guitar w/ Olympic Rings Rosette??

Last summer I bought a Yairi Y1000 classical guitar at a garage sale that was in pretty decent shape at a great price. Just had to clean it…

Started by Joey Herscovitch

3 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by Joey Herscovitch

Removing washer indentations on Martin Headstock

Any tips/ ideas to eliminate these when converting to bushings without the washers. The guitar is a 1978 D-28 with the heavy Grover Rotomat…

Started by Jim Bancroft

8 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by Jim Bancroft

Voicing Question for Classical Guitars

This is kind of a general question, but I'm curious how accomplished luthiers approach this issue: If you have a guitar assembled and virt…

Started by Jerry Mercer

1 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

electric viola de gamba

Hi! I'm looking for a luthier in the Bay Area who can work with me in building a bowed electric guitar much like "togaman" jonathan wilson'…

Started by jude

6 Jan 28, 2009
Reply by Laurent Brondel

Filing Fret Ends

So, how do you get the fret ends smooth and flush with the edge of the fretboard without gouging the edge of the fretboard. Even when I cov…

Started by Brian Farrell

10 Jan 26, 2009
Reply by Russell Vance

Ivory tuning pegs

Hello I need help finding ivory tuning pegs for a 1903 Martin. Anybody have a couple? Thanx

Started by David Drain

1 Jan 25, 2009
Reply by Bruce Herrmann

Wolf tone/dead note question?

Recently I've been noticing that when I play a "G" on the high "E" string that it sounds like it's quieter and maybe a little fuzzy compare…

Started by gordon

12 Jan 24, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Neck reset

I have an old Framus Texan 12 string with a bolt on neck. I need to reset the angle on this neck and am unsure how to do it. Do you just sh…

Started by Robert M. Cleworth Jr.

8 Jan 23, 2009
Reply by Ned Knepp

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service