FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fretless neck setup

Is there a trick to getting a fretless neck set up just right? Should the board be sanded dead flat, and if so, what's the best way to do i…

Started by Matt Hayden

4 Jan 3, 2009
Reply by danove

be careful who's advice you take

not naming names but i've seen some shotty advice on a couple of different posts....lot's of good advice too... more good than bad ...but f…

Started by Nick Anthony

6 Jan 3, 2009
Reply by Bob Webster

Neck reset

Hi all together, I have a very big problem. A guitarplayer gave me his 12fret handmade guitar for a neck reset. Its about 12 years old fro…

Started by Andy

13 Jan 3, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Taylor Finish Matching

Greetings all: First I would like to admit, I have started down the slippery slope of luthiery, I have decided prior to starting a new bui…

Started by SlideBender

5 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by SlideBender

Drilling bridge pin holes

Hello all, Do I want to use a specific type of bit to drill these holes to minimize chipping, of should I drill them prior to finishing th…

Started by Brian Farrell

4 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by Nick Anthony

spanish heel neck reset

Hi everybody.Frets.net and Frets.com are a great resourses.Thanks Frank Ford.I was reading Franks article about spanish heel neck reset and…

Started by Ed Flower

1 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by Nick Anthony

Saddle design

I recently purchased a Takamine EG128SC Classical guitar for my daughter. A decent guitar for the money - solid spruce top, finish is great…

Started by Steve N

7 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

Saddle Profile.

Following advice from forum members, I decided on Bone for my first attempt at making a new split saddle for my Takamine 12string, and I mu…

Started by onemanband

2 Jan 2, 2009
Reply by Len Biglin

A Question of Intonation

I have all but finished my first guitar, and I am quite pleased with the results. However, the intonation is not quite correct. I'm afraid…

Started by Doug Collins

13 Jan 1, 2009
Reply by FRANK

Huge fret slots - what's the best way to snug them up?

What's the best way to deal with overly wide fret slots? Fill and recut, or use shims, or crimp the tang? Thanks

Started by Matt Hayden

15 Jan 1, 2009
Reply by FRANK

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service