FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Dealing with water damage on an old parlor guitar

As you can see in the first photo, this old parlor guitar took on some water at some point. The second photo shows the finish damage which…

Started by Rick Homan

4 Nov 12, 2008
Reply by Rick Homan

What are these tuners worth?

Hi everyone this looks like a great forum I can't wait to see how it develops. These look like pre ww2 plate tuners that are missing one po…

Started by JasonG

10 Nov 11, 2008
Reply by JasonG

Lap slide guitar: humbucker Vs single coil.

Hello. I am about to build my first guitar. I am going for a solid body, electric, lap slide guitar. The cheaply made plank that inspired m…

Started by Tom

3 Nov 11, 2008
Reply by Rick Hoey

5 Strings banjo head contour issue

Hi everybody, I'm Italian thus you have to be patient when my english will commence to look for a glass of red wine :-P I'm building a sec…

Started by Fabio Pollero

4 Nov 11, 2008
Reply by Fabio Pollero

Takamine "Lawsuit" F330 D-18 copy bridge wood.

I bought one less than a week ago and am delighted -gigged and sessioned already.The only thing I don't like is the "ebonised" bridge(gloss…

Started by mike carne

4 Nov 10, 2008
Reply by mike carne

Black Oil Stain....

....applied on fretboard. What are your experience from using this? Guess it might wear off by time, but roughly how durable would you est…

Started by danove

8 Nov 9, 2008
Reply by danove

Fingerboard finishing

I'm down to the finishing stages of my first guitar and I'm unsure about how to treat the fingerboard. Do you even put a finish on the fin…

Started by Doug Collins

3 Nov 9, 2008
Reply by Allen Sandberg

Gibson " A" Style Mandolins

Frank, I'm in process of a fairly extensive repair on a 1914 A1. Having taken off the fingerboard,I notice what seems to be a Maple insert…

Started by Eric Carswell

5 Nov 8, 2008
Reply by Eric Carswell

bending real ivory bindings

Hi I am currently restoring an 1895 Martin 028. I have obtained the needed ivory strips to rebind the back 5/32 tall x 1/16 wide They came…

Started by alex gray

5 Nov 7, 2008
Reply by Frank Ford

C A Guitars

I have a Composite Acoustic Bluegrass performer guitar in for some fret work. The fingerboard is graphite composite. Heat turns the frets l…

Started by David Houchens

0 Nov 6, 2008

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service