FRETS.NET

Metalworking, Machining, Tool & Fixture Making for Luthiers (33)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Router Bit Search

In His fine book on Classical Guitar Building, Mr. Bagdanovich references the use of a flush-cut, top-bearing, router bit, for routing out…

Started by Cameron Petersen

18 May 1, 2010
Reply by Pete Cyr

Classical Guitar "V" Neck Joint Construction

I read an article in an Luthier's Guild publication that featured a Mr. Geza's V-joint construction techniques.  Mr. Geza fabricated the ne…

2 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Cameron Petersen

Thickness tapering a Classical Guitar Finger Board

I'm somewhat new to guitar building ( 1 steel-string and 3 classicals) I wondering whether or not it is feasable to thickness taper a finge…

5 Mar 16, 2010
Reply by David Payne

Les Paul mortise and tenon jig

I am in the middle of a les paul build and was wondering if anybody has built a mortise and tenon jig. I need it to be spot on because I am…

Started by Scott Pike

0 Feb 20, 2010

Luthier tools in Brazil

I´m the first and the most serious luthier tools supplier in Brazil. I´m glad to share with you my catalog and I hope that all of yours pos…

Started by Miguel - Musictools

4 Nov 29, 2009
Reply by Miguel - Musictools

NEED Pick-up

Hi gang . Would anyone in northern USA or Canada have a old under the soundboard pick-up and barrel jack they could sell me. Please drop me…

Started by Rob

7 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Donald A. Fortune

V-shaped gold-plated brass string-thru tailpiece for Original & Historic 1958-1958 Flying V

As regards Flying V's, the 1958-1959 originals, as you will all know, had a V-shaped brass/gold-plated strings-thru-body tailpiece. Do Gibs…

Started by David Nelson

8 Aug 4, 2009
Reply by Tom Krebs

String spacing rule in 5 minutes

I wanted to make a proportional string spacing rule and found out that adding small spaces requires some experience which I do not have. So…

Started by Igor

0 Jul 22, 2009

humbucking pickup height adjust springs

hi, has anyone seen a widget that would: or figured out a way to: hold and compress the pickup height adjust springs so you can get the scr…

Started by David Reilly

3 Jul 9, 2009
Reply by Tommy Kay

Split in finish after refinishing from an old repair

I need help it seems every time I try to refinish a vintage guitar after repairing all the cracks every thing looks good until I get about…

Started by William F.Eden

6 May 6, 2009
Reply by Mike Kolb

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service