FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'Gibson' (15)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Help with restoration of Gibson lg1

Hello all,  newbie here.  Glad I found this site,  hoping to find resources to help me on  journey to restore a 1965 lg1. This was my mom's…

Started by Carla Ruigh

20 Jan 8, 2016
Reply by Carla Ruigh

Gibson LG-2 X bracing radius

Hello to all, I am in the process of replacing X bracing on this mid to late 50's LG-2, the broken x bracing that came out of the guitar is…

Started by Hector Trevino

2 Jul 13, 2014
Reply by Mario Cardenas

Calling All Vintage Gibson Mandolin Experts

We have this older Gibson A4 (Appears to be from 1918-22?) in the shop and are uncertain about what it was originally like and what we'v…

Started by Steve Baker

7 Aug 15, 2013
Reply by Steve Baker

Suggestions for some repairs.

Good day gentlemen,  I am a Roberto-venn certified luthier and i have been performing repairs and building fretted and non-fretted stringed…

Started by Bob H Abernathy III

16 Aug 7, 2013
Reply by Bob H Abernathy III

Need help - 1956 ES 175 needs a restoration job

Hi everybody! I have a great 1956 ES-175 that needs a serious restoration job. It has a crack in the heel of the neck. I was told it needs…

Started by Micha Schellhaas

26 Jul 21, 2013
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

Les Paul Junior vs Les Paul body shape

Hi, I was wondering if some of you can share some information regarding Les Paul body shapes/sizes. Is the Junior smaller? I find contrad…

8 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

Looking for Luthier in CA or Austin/TX to build a 56' Les Paul Junior type guitar

Hi,I'm not looking so much for the high end builds, more the luthiers that do good solid work and want to have fun building a 56 Junior. I…

9 Jun 2, 2013
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

ES 335 Plans

I'm designing the plans for a semi hollow guitar and a bass based on Gibson's 335.I'd appriciate if someone help me with some pictures of t…

Started by Alvaro Balderrama Chiappe

4 Mar 22, 2013
Reply by Mac Walker

Dead notes on an Epiphone bass guitar

I've just found the most annoying dead-spot on any bass guitar. While most Fenders have it around the high C  (first string, fifth fret), t…

Started by Alexander López

3 Oct 27, 2012
Reply by Pierre-Antoine Roiron

1918 Gibson F2 Restoration

Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to extend a thank you to Frank Ford for his information regarding a Gibson top cave-in .  My husband and I…

Started by Annette & Nowell

0 Nov 10, 2011

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service