FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'bridge' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

12 String Guitar lifting bridge issue

Hello, I am looking to buy a used 12-string acoustic guitar. I know that 12-string guitars have a problem of of all that string tension eve…

Started by Arthur Sweeney

12 Aug 29, 2010
Reply by Mike Kolb

Refretting/adjusting action on acoustic guitar

I'm looking to refret my Alvarez acoustic/electric guitar with larger frets.  I initially thought about switching the bridge with a lower o…

Started by Frank Leffelman

2 Aug 17, 2010
Reply by Mike Kelly

Bridge removal

I need to remove the bridge on a tenor ukulele.  It was attached with titebond original.  Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thank you…

Started by John McDonald

13 Aug 12, 2010
Reply by John McDonald

Sigma soundboard belly advise sought

I'm a novice in these repairs (still don't charge for work, but someday...). Learning from books recommended here, Frets.com, StewMac Tips…

Started by Jerry Ryan

17 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by Jerry Ryan

Double x brace bridge plate removal?

Vintage Gibson with a chipped out bridge plate. Multiple loose braces, a top crack and the back is peeling up a bit puts replacing the brid…

Started by STGuitarworks

6 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by STGuitarworks

bridge saddle placement with zero fret

When positioning a new bridge on a retopped yamaki guitar with a zero fret do I measure from the nut or the zero fret to place bridge and s…

Started by David Chudnovsky

4 Oct 14, 2009
Reply by David Chudnovsky

Suzuki bridge, no saddle ???

Recently I got a Suzuki (labeled: Nagoya, Japan, number on neckblok: 710128) in for repair. This guitar's bridge, bolted to the soundboard…

Started by Bart van Weperen

5 Sep 24, 2009
Reply by Rob Mercure

Bridge pad caul with a magnetic personality - a question of sorts.

Hello, I need to repair a bridge pad on an otherwise near mint '63 Epiphone Caballero (as well as replace the plastic bridge, which goes w…

Started by John Cartwright

18 Sep 19, 2009
Reply by John Cartwright

Epoxied Bridge

A customer brought in a Tanglewood bowl bac today and asked me to sort out an over high action. On examination I could see the problem. The…

Started by Dave Yelverton

6 May 18, 2009
Reply by Jeffrey L. Suits

Saddle slot depth?

I am currently undertaking my first real task in repair work, thinning the bridge on a Takemine. After carefully checking the neck set, rel…

Started by Ken Reynolds

10 Sep 25, 2008
Reply by Doug Collins

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service