FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'neck' (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Neck Block

Hello, I'm repairing a loose neck block on a 1972 Guild 212. The top has split on both sides of the neck where it lays over the upper bout.…

Started by Colin O'Brien

3 Oct 31, 2022
Reply by Greg Mirken

Removing a neck with a wide square heel

I've done between 30 and 40 neck resets over the years. Mostly vintage Martins. Sometimes some finish touchup is necessary, but they always…

Started by Christopher Parker

2 Jun 8, 2020
Reply by jbbancroft

Templates or guides for drilling steam holes

Since drilling holes in fretboards to steam necks off is such a common occurrence, are there templates with hole placements, or a list of p…

Started by Bruce Erickson

1 Sep 3, 2018
Reply by Mike Kolb

Advice on 12 string bridge height short of a neck reset

This is for the Guild F112 my brother is letting me experiment with.  I'm a fair novice so I'm moving slowly.  The bridge had pulled up and…

Started by Bruce Erickson

0 Sep 3, 2018

Takamine Neck Reset

Hi All, After a bit of research, I though I'd go to the hive mind. I have in an older (late 70's?) Takamine F-360, essentially a Martin co…

Started by Dave Domizi

2 Jan 4, 2018
Reply by Dave Domizi

Ovation Matrix replacement neck

I read a discussion thread on here from March/April 2010 regarding the dressing of frets on an Ovation Matrix guitar...it couldn't be done…

Started by Richard Green

1 Oct 22, 2017
Reply by Kevin D. Davis

neck finishing

Greetings, I am a newbie at least in the world of guitars. I am in process of building a semi hollow body electric from a kit(I can hear gr…

Started by mark nathenson

3 Jun 20, 2017
Reply by Greg Mirken

Uneven neck relief.

Hello, I am interested in any/all methods to repair a bolt-on electric guitar neck that has significantly more neck relief on one side tha…

Started by Kris Schramm

18 Oct 1, 2016
Reply by Stewart C Simon

Help..Neck Straighten and shim on National guitar

Hi all.  I have a question..has anyone heard of a way that a super strong but super thin material ( ebony)  that can be used as both a shim…

Started by danny mangold

3 Jun 11, 2016
Reply by danny mangold

Stick Glue - Neck Reset

A friend of mine who happens to be blind asked me to adjust his old Alvarez.  The action was pretty high and the saddle was almost depleted…

Started by E Michael Johnson

3 Feb 24, 2016
Reply by Matt Dreher

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service