FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'neck' (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Upright Bass with a broken neck

Hello! Had a customer bring in an upright bass with a broken neck. The neck actually broke at the heal, fracturing it into a couple pieces.…

Started by Rob Sutton

11 Jul 26, 2015
Reply by Paul Hostetter

Neck/Fretboard Repair

I have a neck that I wanted to do a fret level/crowning but It turns out the neck is warped and twisted (back bow on one side while other s…

Started by Jack of all trades.

5 May 12, 2015
Reply by Carl Mesrobian

Builders: Need A Replacement Bolt-on Neck Made (National Reso-glass)

Hi folks,  Long time since we posted here. A repair customer brought us this Airline style National with a snapped headstock. We can repai…

Started by Steve Baker

7 Mar 25, 2015
Reply by Steve Baker

Dovetail vs humidity

Dear all together, I was looking around the other topics but I didn't find the right answer for my question. I hope one of you has a good o…

Started by Jakob Poljakoff

4 Mar 13, 2015
Reply by Frank Ford

Anyone done a neck reset on a vintage Hofner Verithin (Verythin)?

I recently acquired a 1961 Hofner Verithin (very-cheap, due to a number of dubious mods over the years, fitted with a factory Bigsby B6. Th…

Started by Bill Rodrick

5 Aug 27, 2014
Reply by Bill Rodrick

Warped neck

Guys I've had some good results using heat to correct excessive set relief in composite necks by clamping and heating.  However, I have a p…

Started by Dave Sparrow

8 May 3, 2014
Reply by Paul Verticchio

Neck and bridge alignment for Les Paul builds

Hi everybody, at this stage of my first batch of builds I need some advice from the pros. I am happy how everything is progressing, and e…

Started by Micha Schellhaas

4 Mar 23, 2014
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

how to fix low spot on back of neck?

I have this cool strat neck, it's still unfinished and I am wondering how to fix a small problem: The profile is great , but right where th…

12 Feb 19, 2014
Reply by Russell Vance

Hot Hide Glue vs. cold glues

I'm almost ready with my shop to have to do the first glue applications. I was wondering what you guys favor, hot hide glue or cold glues?…

11 Feb 7, 2014
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

Neck Reset, Carlo Greco 12 string

Is anybody familiar with the neck joint that Carlo Greco used on his flat top acoustics? I can post up a couple pictures tomorrow too.  …

Started by Matt Hannafin

3 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service