FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'neck' (49)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

neck grain

I am going to look at some lumber soon. Old mahogany. I was wondering if I can get some quick help about how to select wood for a neck - qu…

Started by Micha Schellhaas

1 Jan 17, 2014
Reply by Cal Maier

How to handle a set neck guitar for spraying/curing?

I am trying to figure out the best method for spraying a set neck solid body, for example a Les Paul. I'll stain the top and the body and…

8 Jan 14, 2014
Reply by Andrew

curved truss rod routing?

I'm trying to decide how to route for the truss rod on a strat neck. This is my first complete from scratch build and I am not sure what t…

6 Jan 12, 2014
Reply by Micha Schellhaas

70's Stat neck flaking.

I have a piece brought in by my first repeat customer that isn't a friend or relative. It's a 1976 Tele in great shape with few nicks, ding…

Started by John Cartwright

7 Nov 20, 2013
Reply by Thomas James

Quick question - gluing order

Howdy, For once I have a straight forward and simple question (hopefully) - hurray!  OK, so I'm resetting the neck on my own 1948 Gibson…

Started by John Cartwright

6 Oct 25, 2013
Reply by Hesh Breakstone

Gurian Guitar Neck Removal

Has anyone ever taken a neck out of a Gurian steel string guitar? I haven't yet but I'm about to do a neck reset on one and I want to know…

Started by Jack Dillen

8 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by Paul Verticchio

Need help - 1956 ES 175 needs a restoration job

Hi everybody! I have a great 1956 ES-175 that needs a serious restoration job. It has a crack in the heel of the neck. I was told it needs…

26 Jul 21, 2013
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

Guild m-20 - unusual neck reset question

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has run into one of these Guild M-20's with the back that extends and acts as the heel cap.  It needs a r…

Started by Steve Baker

5 May 22, 2013
Reply by Steve Baker

Advice on installing a neck

Hi I have a new Martin "factory second" body and neck. I am looking for a guide on setting this up. I have found a lot of guides for "reset…

Started by Philip Warton

4 Apr 11, 2013
Reply by Philip Warton

SG jr. hide glue or yellow for neck set?

I'm building an SG jr. kit,mahogany, and I'm planning on setting the neck with hide glue. What are your thoughts?

Started by Ken Desiata

5 Apr 10, 2013
Reply by Eric Steven Johansen

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service