FRETS.NET

All Discussions Tagged 'reset' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Removing a neck with a wide square heel

I've done between 30 and 40 neck resets over the years. Mostly vintage Martins. Sometimes some finish touchup is necessary, but they always…

Started by Christopher Parker

2 Jun 8, 2020
Reply by jbbancroft

Gibson MK-35

I have a Gibson MK35 in the shop that needs a lot of work.  One big item is a neck reset.  I was wondering if anyone knew if this guitar ne…

Started by David Anderson

3 Jul 22, 2019
Reply by Palle Clausen

Templates or guides for drilling steam holes

Since drilling holes in fretboards to steam necks off is such a common occurrence, are there templates with hole placements, or a list of p…

Started by Bruce Erickson

1 Sep 3, 2018
Reply by Mike Kolb

Takamine Neck Reset

Hi All, After a bit of research, I though I'd go to the hive mind. I have in an older (late 70's?) Takamine F-360, essentially a Martin co…

Started by Dave Domizi

2 Jan 4, 2018
Reply by Dave Domizi

Help..Neck Straighten and shim on National guitar

Hi all.  I have a question..has anyone heard of a way that a super strong but super thin material ( ebony)  that can be used as both a shim…

Started by danny mangold

3 Jun 11, 2016
Reply by danny mangold

Stick Glue - Neck Reset

A friend of mine who happens to be blind asked me to adjust his old Alvarez.  The action was pretty high and the saddle was almost depleted…

Started by E Michael Johnson

3 Feb 24, 2016
Reply by Matt Dreher

Collings Neck Reset

Hey Team, I have a Collings CW Mhg A, and the rod is pegged. I'm logging 4/32 on # 12 fret. The top end is a little stiff. I got to say she…

Started by anthony mas

9 Jan 31, 2016
Reply by anthony mas

Epiphone FT147 Neck reset

I have a 1972 Epiphone FT147, dreadnought flat-top, MIJ (probably by FujiGen) which needs a neck reset. Couldn’t find anything on the net t…

Started by Ian Barker

12 Aug 11, 2015
Reply by Ian Barker

Anyone done a neck reset on a vintage Hofner Verithin (Verythin)?

I recently acquired a 1961 Hofner Verithin (very-cheap, due to a number of dubious mods over the years, fitted with a factory Bigsby B6. Th…

Started by Bill Rodrick

5 Aug 27, 2014
Reply by Bill Rodrick

Neck Reset, Carlo Greco 12 string

Is anybody familiar with the neck joint that Carlo Greco used on his flat top acoustics? I can post up a couple pictures tomorrow too.  …

Started by Matt Hannafin

3 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by LARRY KLOSE

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service