FRETS.NET

Hi everyone. I have been reading a lot here and searching the posts for similar repairs I want to learn about and maybe do myself. First I would like to say this is a great forum. I want to post about a possible repair I would like to try. Before I do though, I have been looking to see if maybe there is a 'Frequently asked Questions' section with info about adding pictures to a thread and limitations and other rules etc. so I can get started here without getting myself in too much trouble. I see at the bottom of this page where I can attach files/pictures. Is there a limit? For what I want to show you I feel I need at least 6 pictures.

Thanks for your time and input.

Jay

Views: 72

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some of the guys recall well what has been said before and the discussions sometime refer back to these items - but , as a number of us aren't 20 anymore we generally don't have a drama with repeating stuff.

Ask our children or colleagues how many times they hear: - "did I ever tell you about the time I repaired this xxxxx instrument" to which the reply is "yep. only about fifty times before". But, seriously, the joy and strength of this forum is we can usually tell you where to look for the good oil on a particular subject or tell you the industry standard repair procedure. A lot of the static and standard stuff can be found on Frank Fords, www.Frets.com (under things for Luthiers) and I suggest you have a good look there before asking any questions. A spectacular site.
As far as posting imagery, - try to electronically reduce the image file size before posting and as with all things these days try to stick to only what is needed to be seen to outline the problem.

Rusty.
One thing Rusty forgot. It seems that each post is limited to three pictures but we don't have any problems with multiple postings with three pictures if it helps us see the problem.

Ned
Ok, I think I got it. Thanks for your help. Repair posting to follow, sometime in the not too distant future.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service