FRETS.NET

If only they made something to attach here, darn!  Oh well, I think I have some massive industrial solder that should do the trick.  Funny thing was it was actually doing the job under tension.  The stuff was so hard I couldn't un-coil it by hand and had to use pliers.  

Views: 497

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmm... that locks like a bit of chain link fence, helpful Henry was at it again.

Soooo... that's NOT the way to do this.  I'll have to file this away for the future when I start restoring old electrics, I guess. 

What shoddy work! The correct way is to wrap the ends of the wire around a big stick, you can then adjust the trem tension by twisting the stick in one direction or the other. I use this method on the fence all the time, it works great.

Too damn Funny.....Wah-Wah....

The shit even works.....Redneck Logic fer ya....I m a Redneck and never even 'thunk' of that...Jeesh!

I wish I had taken a picture of one of my first and most memorable hall of shame moments.  A young kid brought me some Jackson or Charvel with a double locking trem, and it had almost a whole roll of duct tape wrapped around the body over the bridge.  He said every time I tune up the bridge pops up, and when I tune down it goes back.  So...I tuned down and ran some tape over it to keep it in place.  And just a few weeks ago, a ten year old kid realized he had nowhere to attach the other end of his strap, so he used literally about 11 nails and a wood screw right into the back of the guitar.  I just keep telling myself that even the worst "repairs" are usually done with good intent.

I think the string spacing is just as interesting as the wire

Don't tell me THAT'S wrong too!  Man these electrics are just too complicated. Maybe I better just stick to what I know.

I must be loosing my eyesight...I could swear there are 11 holes in that trem block. What kind of instrument has 11 strings? Time for a cold one.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service