FRETS.NET

I know we try to keep this place acoustic, but thought you might be interested in this.

Had a Telecaster in the shop for a simple pickup swap. Took the screws out the bridge and tried to take it off the guitar. It wouldn't budge. Hmmm. I guess at the factory, they put on the hardware while the finish was wet? But no, it really wouldn't move. I got in touch with the customer. Oh, no, he'd already had the pickups swapped out, so the bridge has definitely been off before. It seems whoever did the last pickup replacement had glued the bridge onto the guitar. Tried heating. Nothing. In end I masked the area up, and shocked the bridge off with a hammer...

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had this Strat, where the customer tried some "soldering" himself.....

Had a friend bring me his grandfathers (?) old Supertone to replace the bridge among other things.  At some point the original was replaced with a home made one with a nylon comb spine as the saddle.

Also found inside an old Japanese made Epiphone a modified bridge plate.  Glued on support beams, bolted through the added support beams.

Toys, beer bottle caps, mud wasp nest (empty luckily), pictures and a love letter, play list.  Who knows what's next.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service