FRETS.NET

Several months ago i received this American Vintage Telecaster broken in two pieces and with other cracks along the grain. 

A lot of guys from the group helped with ideas on how to proceed. I'd like to show the method i chose to perform the repair. I hope this could be of use. I'm open to any questions or comments.

Here you can see a very clean separation. I'm a hide glue guy, but I chose Titebond Original for this one since i was afraid i wasn't gonna be fast enough with the hide glue. 

To spread pressure i made several cauls out of plywood and covered the contact areas with foam. 

This is the clamping setup i used.

Here is the dry run

And here the actual gluing 

The end result is an almost invisible repair

Thanks!

Views: 17

Comment

You need to be a member of FRETS.NET to add comments!

Join FRETS.NET

© 2021   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service