FRETS.NET

Luthier Talk (4,370)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

000/0M plans, anyone know if they exist?

I've got a back template for the 000 size but would like to make a template for cutting out the sides. I could trace one, just wondered if…

Started by Bruce Herrmann

8 Aug 13, 2008
Reply by Bruce Herrmann

Loose mandolin tuner grommets

I was looking through Frets.com to see if I could find any information on what to do with a loose grommet on my mandolin tuner. My tuners a…

Started by Dan Forney

1 Aug 13, 2008
Reply by Christian Johnson

Neck Heaters to Straighten Necks?

What about the Lupus Neck Heater or the Aria Neck Straightener? Do these really work at all? I've been collecting a few Stellas and such fr…

Started by bottleneck_blues

9 Aug 13, 2008
Reply by MrGlyn

Anyone gone from one man operation to multiple employee? Any Advice?

I've been a one man operation pretty much for 10yrs, and I always thought I'd stay that way but after a few recent events I'm coming round…

Started by steve curtis

4 Aug 10, 2008
Reply by steve curtis

One Piece Backs

I note that a few mandolin makers and violin makers will extole the virtues of one piece backs. I suppose this is because of the rarity of…

Started by J J Hildreth

2 Aug 8, 2008
Reply by J J Hildreth

Strap Button heel placement

I have installed strap buttons on heel of several guitars with a Martin-style heel for lack of a better phrase. Now I have a nice Gibson J…

Started by Michael Van Brackle

3 Aug 8, 2008
Reply by Michael Van Brackle

Refinishing a Spanish Classical Guitar

I would like to refinish my old (50 yr) classical guitar and would like to know how is best to remove (strip) tho old lacquer finish. Do yo…

Started by Esteban Celis

4 Aug 7, 2008
Reply by Greg Mirken

Drilling Co-Ordinator Rod holes

Are there standard measurements for drilling co-ordinator rod holes in a Mastertone style rim?

Started by Dave Hamm

2 Aug 6, 2008
Reply by Bob Gaddis

Charleston, SC

Hi, I'm looking to meet players or Luthiers in or near the Charleston, SC area. Bobby

Started by Bobby Branton

0 Aug 6, 2008

Banjo rim maker changes ownership

For those of you who may be familiar with the Piekiel banjo rim - The ownership and production has been purchased by Dave Fox of Hog Fiddle…

Started by Dave Fox

0 Aug 3, 2008

RSS

© 2024   Created by Frank Ford.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service